View Poll Results: Will you be using BBM on iOS?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 36.00%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

8 32.00%
  • Nope.

8 32.00%
    I would appreciate that.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk
    BBM User Guides

Android: http://d.pr/f/tNcN
    iOS: http://d.pr/f/s7tw
    08-24-2013 09:57 AM
    I probably won't I don't have any friends on blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    08-24-2013 07:33 PM
    I may have couple. But even those who have they are desperately wanting to switch to either Android or IOS. Bb IS TOO BOIRNG.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk
    08-25-2013 01:30 AM
    Thank you for posting these links.

At one time, almost everyone in my family had BlackBerry phones and BBM was a great way to communicate. We have all moved on from BB but have yet to find a decent cross platform message app we all like. My children are all grown up and gone and, even though I'm sure none of us will ever own a BB device again, we are looking forward to BBM on iOS and Android devices.
    08-26-2013 01:28 PM
    It's coming soon. The Android version is already being advertised as "coming soon" on Samsung Galaxy devices. The iOS version won't be far behind.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    08-26-2013 09:37 PM
    08-27-2013 03:10 PM
    I can't wait to download and use it!
    08-28-2013 01:47 AM
    Definitely will be using it once it is released. I'm looking forward to it.
    08-28-2013 07:44 AM
    What's the advantage compared to whatsapp or Viber?
    08-28-2013 07:53 AM
    What's the advantage compared to whatsapp or Viber?
    Viber requires Wifi and whatsapp is a subscription now
    I use both

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iMore Forums App!!
    08-28-2013 07:22 PM
    Well I am a BlackBerry z10 user and BBM video and over all app is far more superior then any other messaging app in the world and has been for years.

BBM is highly secure especially on a BlackBerry device and I am sure on ios and android it will be limited to those operating systems security features which we all know BlackBerry is far more superior in that regard as well.

Now that all being said and true, I still have my iphone 4 not a 4s model but no huge difference and I will try BBM out on it for the fun of it even though I have a z10 and love it on it.

Now BBM on android and ios you don't need to have a BlackBerry friend to BBM as you can do so from iphone to iphone and android to android and ios to BlackBerry and ios to android and android to BlackBerry and android to ios and so forth.
    SneakySnufflez likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:05 PM
    Well I am a BlackBerry z10 user and BBM video and over all app is far more superior then any other messaging app in the world and has been for years.

BBM is highly secure especially on a BlackBerry device and I am sure on ios and android it will be limited to those operating systems security features which we all know BlackBerry is far more superior in that regard as well.

Now that all being said and true, I still have my iphone 4 not a 4s model but no huge difference and I will try BBM out on it for the fun of it even though I have a z10 and love it on it.

Now BBM on android and ios you don't need to have a BlackBerry friend to BBM as you can do so from iphone to iphone and android to android and ios to BlackBerry and ios to android and android to BlackBerry and android to ios and so forth.
    LOL BBM secure...it uses a freakin global crypto key and DES encryption. That can be decrypted in real-time.
    iMessage uses a private key, and AES 256 encryption. Much more secure than BBM, and it's not even the best option out there!

Also, how exactly would you back up your claim that BBM "is far more superior then any other messaging app"?
    Security? Nope
    Userbase? Certainly not
    Features? Not seeing anything that stands out

So please, do tell.
    08-30-2013 10:22 AM
    I will install it! I miss bbm but nowadays there's a lot of chat apps... Whatsapp viber...
    08-30-2013 10:48 AM
    I am a BlackBerry user and while I am not expert on WhatsApp or Viber, here are the main features of BBM on my Q10/Z10 (I have both).

* Standard chat
    * Video Chat
    * Voice Only Chat
    * Screen sharing - I can share my Z10/Q10 screen out with whoever I am BBMing with. A great way to share photos, documents or even just have someone watch me run an app. I have used it a few times in a business scenario and it works quite well
    * Send files, videos, docs, etc
    * BBM Channels - This features is still in Beta so not sure you will see it on iOS/Android for a while. In a nutshell, it adds a social networking aspect to BBM. I can update my 'channel' and all those who follow can see my updates. There are some other aspects to this that makes it more interactive (ie. Followers can initiate a chat with the channel owner) but thats the gist of it.
    * Add contacts using NFC - Wont be possible on iOs since none of the phones have NFC (though I am sure its just a matter of time)
    * Chat Groups - To be honest this is not a features I have used before so but I do see the option is available on my device.

Not sure if I have missed anything but I believe thats the crux of it.

One other thing is, I have heard that BlackBerry are trialling a service called BBM Money in Indonesia. While I have not used it, my understanding is that it enables BBM to transfer money between users. I am not saying this is a feature that will ever launch on iOS/Android but you can see now that BlackBerry are looking way beyond chat/video chat for BBM... the possibilities are intriguing and I think its great that you guys will probably have access to these features too.

Regards,

Alon
    Anilu7 likes this.
    08-31-2013 07:24 AM
    While I am a BlackBerry user now and use BBM, I don't expect most of my friends on iOS or Android to start using BBM. None of us really use any cross platform messenger other than SnapChat (which doesn't exactly count). We all just text.
    09-02-2013 02:53 PM
    I most likely will download it. I've had a few BBs and to be honest aside from the physical keyboard bbm was the only reason I had them at the time. I agree rim should have done this years ago to compete with the group messaging apps already out but I will give it a try, I'm currently a kik user though.
    09-03-2013 11:42 AM
    I'm going to use it. I have friends on iOS, Android and BB. I refuse SMS messages from anyone except those who still have a dumb phone. The telcos in Canada rip you off, and I see no point in paying for SMS when I have data.
    09-04-2013 01:22 PM
    Ill be downloading it for sure. When it does come we will have to create a BBM ID swap thread
    09-06-2013 10:54 AM
    Yes! Definitely will be downloading bbm. Loved it when I had the blackberry storm and not a big fan of what's app. So bbm would be pretty sick to use with all my iPhone android and blackberry friends
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-06-2013 04:02 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) for iOS submitted to App Store, waiting on approval | iMore

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) for iOS submitted to App Store, waiting on approval

By Rene Ritchie, Friday, Sep 6, 2013 a 5:29 pm

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), once the crack in crack-berry, is going multi-platform this month, including iOS and Android. While no firm release date has been set, BlackBerry's Alex Kinsella has just stated that BBM for iOS has already been submitted to the App Store. Twitter:
    Just in case we forgot to mention, BBM for iPhone was submitted for review 2 wks ago. #waiting #BBM4ALL
    Apple approved Google's Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, the indie WhatsApp, and a plethora of other instant messaging clients, so there shouldn't be a problem with the core concept. If BlackBerry is trying anything fancy, like screen sharing, that could complicate review. So could any issues related to this being their first iOS app, unlike other major competitors who've gotten past their first, painful app launches and settled into the App Store groove.
    Either way, we should be getting it soon. Anyone itching to start BBM'ing from their iPhone?
    09-06-2013 05:46 PM
    I'll indeed test it out but I don't know anyone who still uses a Blackberry or who might find BBM intriguing enough to use over iMessages or a native sms app.
    Jaguarr40 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    09-06-2013 07:16 PM
    I remember my BB days way too well and the always on can't turn it off deal. I know there are ways of getting around. All I can remember that I will never forget is pure battery drain and for that reason I will not be downloading or trying or using BBM in any way at all.

I have way too many friends to use iMessage and yes even SMS on and don't have the need to wonder what I already know about BBM. It might be for some but not for me.
    09-06-2013 08:40 PM
    I'm looking forward to giving it a spin! I loved it when I had a BB and carried slot of my bbm friends to gtalk, yahoo, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    09-07-2013 12:29 AM
    Like others, I will try it out but with the speed of email, free standard texting and that old fashioned thing of actually using a mobile phone to call, I don't really see the massive gain

Does anyone know when it's to be released??
    09-08-2013 06:20 PM
    Like others, I will try it out but with the speed of email, free standard texting and that old fashioned thing of actually using a mobile phone to call, I don't really see the massive gain

Does anyone know when it's to be released??
    Apparently it's sitting and waiting for Apple to approve it. I'm guessing it'll be when iOS 7 releases.
    09-08-2013 11:47 PM
241 ... 45678 ...