BlackBerry Messaging (BBM) coming to iOS this summer and BES gets iOS Device Mgmt via the iMore Blog

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
^ I doubt I'll be able to convince anyone to try anything BB puts out. Most of the people I know were former BB users who got burned and won't go back no matter what.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Several things:

1. BBM is way better now than it was before when BlackBerrys were popular, with more far more features than before.

2. BBM (should many people choose to adopt it) will consolidate several apps into one ie. Skype, messaging, Twitter, facebook...

3. BBM makes sharing photos, videos, and any other types of files way quicker and easier than e-mail, text, or whatever other service you may use currently.
When I used only Blackberry devices, I was a big time BBM user, however, the things that it can now do are all fine and dandy, but will those things be available and run as smoothly on iOS devices as it does on Blackberry devices?

The one thing it has going against it is the negative perception. It will be THE best app for messaging, video chat and such but everyone is so deeply rooted in their belief that it is sh*t.
In regard to the "negative perception", many of us do not know of anyone who still uses Blackberry devices. Furthermore, the iMessage and WhatsApp app satisfies our messaging needs. That is not giving BBM a bad perception. It's reality.

Will be interesting to see how it fares. I would love to have all my friends back on BBM as communicating outside of it seems so tedious.
I agree, and hopefully, a lot of people will want to at least try it out when it is released.

KDLover

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: VIA iMore Blog: BlackBerry Messaging (BBM) coming to iOS this summer

'D surely being an ex BB user like most of us must remember what BBM was like especially with group joins not to mention just individuals that you had PIN #s for. Remember you can never turn it off, It is always on getting constant notifications from people that you know that they know that knows them and so on. Like so many that are still at CB and many of my friends will tell you the one killer is called the battery. It just wipes it out and makes the device warm. I am totally happy with one message service and have no need for anything other than what I have now.

If you're worried about getting notifications from groups, you can turn those off. How is BBM "always being on" an issue? You can't stop people from texting you can you?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

You mean the 77 million? LOL yes I agree but cross platform will increase those numbers.

It was down to 50 million as of April, and that number is dropping fast. Hence blackberry needs iOS and android to inflate bbm metrics.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

They dropped four million subscribers over the quarter. The total subscriber count stands at 72 million, down from 76 million in Q4 2013, and 79 million in Q3 2013.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

http://press.blackberry.com/content/dam/rim/press/PDF/Financial/FY2013/Q4_FY2013_Press_Release.pdf

Here I was thinking they had 76 million as of March 28th...a 26 million drop in 3 days is pretty crazy.

As far as blackberry discloses, Blackberry subscriber does not equal bbm user

With that said, Blackberry is in a lot of trouble. Their marketshare is plummeting and BB 10 looks to be a flop. On the other hand iPhone sales have increased 40% yoy in the March to June quarter.

From 2012:
"RIM Bleeding BBM Users, From a High Of 75 Million Down To 55 Million Today"

http://www.gizmofusion.com/2012/05/...-high-of-75-million-down-to-55-million-today/

From 2013

51 million daily bbm users ,

?51 million users connect with friends and colleague on BBM for an average of 90 minutes every day and more than 10 billion messages are sent and received every day."

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...of-ios-and-android-launch#U3UGW7lXEo8duyEk.99

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2