So I ruined my laptop by spilling a drink on the keyboard. Right now I'm without my laptop. Can I use my iPad to download songs from iTunes to my iPod if I have the right adapter or am I going to need a windows or a Mac? Any help would be appreciated.
    07-15-2017 01:47 PM
    If your iPod is able to use Music, I’d consider to use the 3 months trial to store your own songs on the iPod by enabling Music on both the iPad and iPod.

Otherwise, yes, you’re bound to use a computer with iTunes for this purpose.
    07-15-2017 02:37 PM
    So I ruined my laptop by spilling a drink on the keyboard. Right now I'm without my laptop. Can I use my iPad to download songs from iTunes to my iPod if I have the right adapter or am I going to need a windows or a Mac? Any help would be appreciated.
    You have the worst luck!
    Is your laptop fixable?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    07-15-2017 03:19 PM
    You have the worst luck!
    Is your laptop fixable?
    Heck I know! Nope it's ruined. I spilled a full cup of Copenhagen dip on it and it fried the motherboard. It's a goner. It was fairly new too. I was hoping I could use my iPad to transfer songs on my very old iPod nano classic third generation but it sounds like I'm out of luck there too. No my luck isn't good right now. So let me make sure. If my iPod is directly hooked to my iPad and I'm on iTunes.com with my account then I cannot transfer a new batch of songs over to it?
    07-15-2017 04:24 PM
    Heck I know! Nope it's ruined. I spilled a full cup of Copenhagen dip on it and it fried the motherboard. It's a goner. It was fairly new too. I was hoping I could use my iPad to transfer songs on my very old iPod nano classic third generation but it sounds like I'm out of luck there too. No my luck isn't good right now. So let me make sure. If my iPod is directly hooked to my iPad and I'm on iTunes.com with my account then I cannot transfer a new batch of songs over to it?
    That’s a correct assumption.
    You can’t. Hooking up an iPod on an iPad is a no go anyway. Won’t work.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    07-15-2017 04:25 PM
    You have the worst luck!
    Is your laptop fixable?
    Just like I can't get my pencil by 53 to either connect or when it does connect it won't recognize it to draw or write. Help is needed there too if anyone has any fresh ideas.
    07-15-2017 04:26 PM
    That’s a correct assumption.
    You can’t. Hooking up an iPod on an iPad is a no go anyway. Won’t work.
    Well there goes my plan there. I'll cancel my order of the lightning USB type cable. Thank you for confirming.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-15-2017 04:28 PM
    Damn, sorry to hear that.
    As far as your question, I don't believe it can be done directly without a computer. Sorry.
    07-15-2017 04:29 PM
    Just like I can't get my pencil by 53 to either connect or when it does connect it won't recognize it to draw or write. Help is needed there too if anyone has any fresh ideas.
    I've been pondering one of those pencils myself. They're cheap enough but it sounds like they don't perform as well as the one from Apple.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    07-15-2017 04:30 PM
    I've been pondering one of those pencils myself. They're cheap enough but it sounds like they don't perform as well as the one from Apple.
    I've had mine a while and never opened it until now. I charged it and have even changed out the tip and still I connect half the time and only can draw or write a 4th of the time after I'm connected. Doesn't make sense. I've watched several YouTube videos on it and it worked flawlessly. Maybe I have a bad pencil or either my pencil needs updating which I think is the problem but I can't find the 53 update button within the app once I'm connected but I know it's there bc it was when I watched the reviews. I don't think you shouldn't get one but there is definitely a learning curve within the app software which I've not been able to figure out. I have a hard time thinking I have a bad pencil when it's brand new. I mean I bought it in early 16 opened it then put it up to not ever use it again until now. It's a good product if you can figure out how to update the firmware on it. I think the Bluetooth connection is off due to the lack of proper firmware updates. I wish 53 had phone support.
    07-15-2017 04:43 PM