I have BeatsX. AMA!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
When you have them around your neck do you feel like the neck part swings around or does it pretty much stay in place?

Also, compared to the AirPods how far away from the phone can you get before you get broken audio?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I literally just exited the Apple Store with my new AirPods. With that in mind, how different are the BeatsX in comparison, primarily in overall performance?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When you have them around your neck do you feel like the neck part swings around or does it pretty much stay in place?

Also, compared to the AirPods how far away from the phone can you get before you get broken audio?

I saved this from an article I've read about the w1 Chip.
666e0d5307ea05405bae1696372c32d4.jpg

Just noticing now it doesn't cover the BeatsX, but you get an impression anyway.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I wonder why there is such a difference in range with the W1 chips. I've got AirPods and the PowerBeats3 at home. I'll have to test them out this weekend. I haven't really tested much as far as the range is concerned between the two.

I guess it has to do with the antenna. The AirPods are smaller, thus have a smaller antenna build in.

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got the brand a new Apple W1 powered Beats X headphones.

Any questions?

I just got a pair and the inline controls do not seem to work. I have done power cycles on both the headphones and phone trying to unpair and repair. Rene you seeing any problems with the inline controls ?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why there is such a difference in range with the W1 chips. I've got AirPods and the PowerBeats3 at home. I'll have to test them out this weekend. I haven't really tested much as far as the range is concerned between the two.

I guess it has to do with the antenna. The AirPods are smaller, thus have a smaller antenna build in.

That's what I would have guessed.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I like that they have the tether, but I really like the features of the AirPods. Curious how the sound is compared to them, as well as the overall durability which Beats seem to suffer from.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I like that they have the tether, but I really like the features of the AirPods. Curious how the sound is compared to them, as well as the overall durability which Beats seem to suffer from.

I don't have beats x but I've never had an issue with PowerBeats holding up.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
And???? How do they sound? :)

Sound is just like you typical beats. Good base, etc...I like the thickness of the wires. Im used to the LG ones and these look like they will take more wear and tear. You have to use them around your neck otherwise the weight thingys on either side will make them feel like they are pulling them down. But Once you have them wrapped around your neck you don't even realize they are there.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been listening to music yet for a long period of time. (That's a non-no on a construction site), but when I get off work I'll make a phone call to my wife, my girlfriend, my ex and also listen to music on my hour drive back home. I'll report later.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR