I have BeatsX. AMA!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Great quality headphones! These headphones sounds great all around. They are not your typical bass heavy beats but what you get is a more balanced highs, mids, and bass. I'm coming from beats urBeats and these are hands down way better.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Listening to music on my lunch break. Rich base, nice treble. Typical beats performance ( which is very good, IMO).
Don't even feel them around my neck and ears

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Great quality headphones! These headphones sounds great all around. They are not your typical bass heavy beats but what you get is a more balanced highs, mids, and bass. I'm coming from beats urBeats and these are hands down way better.

So these have less of that omnipresent bass hum than the UrBeats? That's makes me feel better about them.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So these have less of that omnipresent bass hum than the UrBeats? That's makes me feel better about them.

Yes these are well balanced and still has a nice punch and more bass than EarPods / AirPods. The urBeats bass was stronger but that affects the mids and highs in a bad way. Very nice acoustics on these. The w1 chip is a major plus. My only complaint is that they don't auto power off.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes these are well balanced and still has a nice punch and more bass than EarPods / AirPods. The urBeats bass was stronger but that affects the mids and highs in a bad way. Very nice acoustics on these. The w1 chip is a major plus. My only complaint is that they don't auto power off.

You had me at less bass than UrBeats and you're losing me at more bass than EarPods. EarPods are overly bassy, in a bloated nasty way. Guess I'm still on the fence then.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You had me at less bass than UrBeats and you're losing me at more bass than EarPods. EarPods are overly bassy, in a bloated nasty way. Guess I'm still on the fence then.

Beats x bass is much cleaner than EarPods. I suggest you try them you have 14 days to return them.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to connect to my android as well and it's not connecting. Can I have more than one connected at the same time?

Rodawg71

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Got mine yesterday as well. Nice quality build, great sounds imho, don't notice the "band" around the back of your neck. Paired easily to my 7 plus and Nexus 6P

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been listening to music yet for a long period of time. (That's a non-no on a construction site), but when I get off work I'll make a phone call to my wife, my girlfriend, my ex and also listen to music on my hour drive back home. I'll report later.....

That would be great. I use the phone a lot with EarPods

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So one thing I notice is that it doesn't "beep" when you end a call. Already several times today I thought I ended a call but I was still on the line

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
From 6 am to 7 pm...on the phone most of the afternoon listening to music on my hour and a half drive home and I still had a little juice left. I wish it vibrated when receiving calls and also beep when hanging up, but overall I'm happy with them.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
And when you have this many calls and don't know when you hang up, it becomes a problem. I was troubleshooting with a guy on the phone and we have to be on the phone continuously
d8b0a08e6086407ea2c03171ddff7024.jpg

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Since Apple can push firmware updates on the w1, I'm hoping they include things that are missing.

Is that possible to do? I'm on the phone a lot for work purposes and I need Bluetooth so I can use my hands . The past 2 days that has been an issue (not knowing if I hung up). When I text I hear the clicks, when I shut down the screen I hear a click, now I just need the click or beep when I end a call

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Is that possible to do? I'm on the phone a lot for work purposes and I need Bluetooth so I can use my hands . The past 2 days that has been an issue (not knowing if I hung up). When I text I hear the clicks, when I shut down the screen I hear a click, now I just need the click or beep when I end a call

Yes they already push a firmware update on the AirPods earlier this month. It will be ota update. To check details about beats x, when connected to your phone go to settings -> general -> about towards the bottom look for beats x.