I keep losing information in my Contacts.

chips739

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I have a desktop Mac, a MacBook Pro, an iPad and an iPhone 6 S.

This has happened many times. I go to my Contacts and look up someone and I get "No Results". I know that I have had the information in there under the person's or business' name but it's gone. The problem has been going on for quite awhile and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. (I hope I don't have to go back to paper and pencil and buy an address book to protect my addresses and phone numbers.)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have linked contacts? Both iCloud and Gmail for example? Info on them may differ. Make sure they're all iCloud. That works best for Apple devices. Other than that, I have no idea.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Two possibilities:

1. Like Ledsteplin said above, you might be syncing different accounts on different devices differently. Double check your settings on all devices to make sure contacts is set to sync the same.

2. Modern apps "remember" contacts in the system even if they aren't in your Contacts. So, if someone messages you, they'll be offered as a contact suggestion in the future. It's so convenient you can forget to actually add them as an official contact. Try adding them as a contact and see if that works.

You can also log into iCloud.com and look at the contacts there and see if anything is missing. Then add them again and see if that list changes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox