MacBook Air; is it going away?

mikechaudron

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi Rene,

I've had two MacBook Airs and really liked them, but I now use the MacBook, (but not in #pank) as it works really well for me. It seems like Apple is not putting much effort into refreshing the Air; will the 13 inch Air go the way of the 11 inch and ultimately go away?

If so, will Apple possibly lower the price of the MacBook to bring it more in line with the Air's pricing?

I really enjoy your writing. Keep up the good work!

MG537

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rene,

I've had two MacBook Airs and really liked them, but I now use the MacBook, (but not in #pank) as it works really well for me. It seems like Apple is not putting much effort into refreshing the Air; will the 13 inch Air go the way of the 11 inch and ultimately go away?

If so, will Apple possibly lower the price of the MacBook to bring it more in line with the Air's pricing?

I think it's safe to assume that the Air is going the way of the dinosaur. If Apple does keep it in the lineup, it will more than likely stay unrefreshed and its only purpose will be to hit that sub $1000 price point.

As for the Macbook, common sense dictates that it will eventually come down in price. Even now you can find some really good refurbished deals for it, in the appropriate section of the online Apple Store (even for the 2016 models).

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hi Rene,

Many years ago Apple had he white MacBook. Then came the high-priced Air. Eventually the Air fell in price and the white MacBook was discontinued.

Now Apple has the Air and the high-priced MacBook. Eventually the MacBook will fall in price and replace the Air.

It's the nature of product cycles.

And thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2