Coffee - Whats your favourite?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Dark and strong. I really like Starbucks Pike Place roast. It's a medium blend but it actually tastes like coffee. I also have a French roast for home. My Keurig has a "strong" setting that makes it acceptable.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Amazing, after the reading the first posting, my little pinky on my right hand shot up. The only way I could get it back to normal was to reboot my PC. I hate it when that happens.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Amazing, after the reading the first posting, my little pinky on my right hand shot up. The only way I could get it back to normal was to reboot my PC. I hate it when that happens.

This statement has clearly gone over my head...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being an old Southerner, my coffee taste is primarily black with a touch of cream. The pinky was my way of saluting specialty coffee's, espresso and other coffee variations. No harm meant.

I figured the pinky reference was in regard to drinking coffee, but the overall wording threw me off so I wasn't sure. (Laughing) Anyway, I appreciate the follow up.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Starbucks and whatever mood I am in. I also have a Kuerig at home and have a variety from iced to hot to iced and hot teas as well.
I do love the Flat white at Starbucks and I have them steam in cinnamon in to it. I love CINNAMON

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I ditched the Keurig for everyday use when I realized how wasteful it was... and I drink too much that one cup at a time was even more wasteful and just easier to brew a pot (or half pot). I got a Ninja Coffee Bar, though looking at the website it seems it's the last gen one without the built-in frother. That's fine, I never use the one it came with though maybe if I knew how I would.

Ninja Coffee Bar® Brewer System | Hot & Iced Coffee Makers for Home

I still have the Keurig and use it from time to time in a pinch but the Coffee Bar has served me well!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a subscription to Blue Bottle so I get a different single-source pack of beans every two weeks.

how do you like Blue Bottle? I've been thinking about subscription services to try different coffees. I tend to like South American coffees (more toffee, smooth) more than Ethiopian type (more fruit, bitter), which is funny considering I like hoppier beers.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
how do you like Blue Bottle? I've been thinking about subscription services to try different coffees. I tend to like South American coffees (more toffee, smooth) more than Ethiopian type (more fruit, bitter), which is funny considering I like hoppier beers.

I like it. Good quality, great variaty, right to the door!

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I kind of wondered if that iconic cup with the swirls is actually real or a prop. It always looks the same. :)

Just to add to the discussion, I'm often disappointed with coffee from coffee shops. There are a couple local places that make some reasonably good stuff. I can't stand Starbucks... I go for non-coffee stuff if I ever go there.

I think the best coffee I've ever had was some homemade Turkish coffee. And, some of the homemade teas and chai have been pretty darn good too. (Next time you're in SF, Rene, check out New Delhi just off Union Square and get some chai... tell chef Ranjan I sent you! ;) )

Interestingly, my current favorite coffee I have several times a week comes in a packet. (I previously made single cups with a french press.) It's medicinal mushroom (dual-extraction) infused coffee from Four Sigmatic. The lion's mane stuff is incredible. It seems to get rid of the acidic aspect of coffee I don't really like, and keeps the caffeine jitters away. (I would never have believed I'd like coffee from a packet best... but I do.)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2