Ipad Pro WONT turn on

I

iMore Question

My Ipad pro is a little over a year old. In that year, it has not been used all that much. Back in December, I went to go turn it on. The screen stays black and the Apple Logo shows up. Then disappears, and then shows up again, and then disappears. It keeps repeating this. We have troubleshooted everything we've been told to troubleshoot. We have connected the ipad to a laptop to try to do a restore and it fails. Then Apple support recommended us to Best Buy. Best Buy tried doing the restore on a MAC twice and it failed both times. They recommended I have it shipped off to be repaired which would be the cost of a new ipad pro of $1,200. The Geek Squad guy actually said I'd be better off just buying a new ipad. For someone like me $1,200 was a lot of money to save up the first time around, let alone getting it saved up just to buy another one a year later. PLEASE is there anyone that has had this issue and has figured out how to repair this without spending another $1,200?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why would Apple Support recommend going to Best Buy over taking it to an Apple Store or sending it in to Apple Support?

With that being said, have you tried plugging it in and letting it charge for about an hour undisturbed?

Did you purchase the iPad new or was it a used/pre-owned product?

scottbrad88

Feb 6, 2023
Visit site
Why would Apple Support recommend going to Best Buy over taking it to an Apple Store or sending it in to Apple Support?

With that being said, have you tried plugging it in and letting it charge for about an hour undisturbed?

Did you purchase the iPad new or was it a used/pre-owned product?

I though that too. Apparently my nearest Best Buy is an authorized repair shop where I can take it. They tried to restore it twice and it failed both times though. I have let it charge overnight, just to make sure it wasn't dead. And I purchased the iPad brand new in December of 2021. It will not work in restore mode. I'm not sure if I've tried putting it in DFU mode yet though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I though that too. Apparently my nearest Best Buy is an authorized repair shop where I can take it. They tried to restore it twice and it failed both times though. I have let it charge overnight, just to make sure it wasn't dead. And I purchased the iPad brand new in December of 2021. It will not work in restore mode. I'm not sure if I've tried putting it in DFU mode yet though.

Thanks for the Follow-Up. It’s been a couple of years, but I’ve had a couple of situations in which a device kept boot looping, but eventually worked itself out. Once I got it in DFU mode, I was able to successfully reinstall of operating system and get the device working as it should. Hopefully, it will be the same for you.

Did you get the Apple Care + protection for it? If you bought via your wireless carrier, check your receipts to see if they added some sort of protection for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711