Gboard keyboard on iPhone, how to best use microphone, and why duplication in speech to text?

pcumming

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Gboard keyboard on iPhone, how to best use microphone, and why duplication in speech to text?

I was trying to make the speech to text more accurate by ONLY using
Gboard and the microphone on Gboard keyboard on my iPhone 13 ios 16.3. Of course I gave the keyboards full access.

And I do not have the Accessibility set to ON for voice input.

So what I did was remove the keyboard called English on my iPhone to try to test out better accuracy and only use Gboard....

When I did that even though dictation was always enabled, every time I clicked on the microphone button it took me to a Google screen with the four colors at the bottom reacting as I spoke. No good for me.

After I spoke it then pasted the results into the prior screen I was working on
such as mail or messages etc. I did not want it to take me to another
screen.

So I then added the English keyboard back in and made sure I
pressed on the large microphone icon on the bottom right of the iPhone
keyboard screen. And I am back to where I was with sometimes having to switch keyboard to Gboard even though Gboard it set as the first keyboard in order.

I also was trying to get rid of the iPhone duplicating some of the
sentences I dictated which appears to happen to other people as well with no good solution. I noticed that at times the speeech to text would pause. So then I cliecked on the mic and it started to put duplicate text in. I prefer speech to text as I do not type well on a smart phone, never did.

So perhaps you can’t remove the English keyboard completely since then you have the issue it going to a blank screen (Google screen with 4 colors vertical bars at bottom listening and moving) to accept your speech input.

So there are two questions here--sorry...

Can I just have Gboard and no other keyboard and not have it go to a google screen and come back to
accept my speech?

And how do I get rid of this duplication, have you experienced it in Speech to text on iPhone?

Very annoying appreciate any help and input. Sincerely Peter