How to unlock apple icloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caghan

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a phone repair center in Turkey. Many costumers come to my store and ask me "Can you unlock my icloud?". But I cant help them because I dont how to do that. Anyone can help me about this problem?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a phone repair center in Turkey. Many costumers come to my store and ask me "Can you unlock my icloud?". But I cant help them because I dont how to do that. Anyone can help me about this problem?

Hello and welcome to iMore. Unfortunately, there is no way you can help them. They need to contact Apple Support. Here is a link to Apple Support in Turkey. If they've forgotten their Apple ID, this website might help them: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you sign up for an Apple ID, Apple provide you with ways to recover your username and password in case you forget either or both and therefore, if your customers are asking you to reset it for them then I suspect they are trying to circumvent a setting enabled by a parent or they’re trying to use a device that belongs to someone else.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
+1 for what Just_Me_D said.
An iPhone that is in the device list of someone’s iCloud account and FindMy on (IME virtually everyone also has FindMy turned on), that device is fully etched in stone then sealed in a vault to that account. There is no legitimate way to move forward with that iPhone transferring to a different account. Not going to happen. I believe even if you have the PIN code, I’m almost certain trying to locally disable FindMy and removing it from your device list under General Settings>iPhone owner name, you will be prompted to enter the iCloud credentials before this action will occur.
As Just_Me_D Stated well, it seems extremely unlikely to be legitimate for someone to go into a store to ask the store to recover the cloud based iCloud credentials. You/someone working in a store would have no idea what the secondary contact methods would be to password recover.

Moving forward, Here’s a simple rule of thumb I suggest you live by for modern Apple devices iPhone, watch, iPad. Without the iCloud credentials of the account the device is listed in, these devices are expensive paperweights. Anyone who comes into your store and doesn’t have the credentials or a way to recover the credentials, tell them you can’t help them. Never buy one from someone before they demonstrate in front of you the device is removed from the device list/FindMy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711