people/faces album not syncing accurately across devices

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
hi just wanted to ask has anybody noticed that the people album isn't syncing all photos for a particular person across all devices. for example I've seen some photos are missing for a particular person on one device over another. for example person A on iPhone has 500 but Person A on iPad or Mac may show as 410 for example, a gap of 90 photos missing.

have to go manually find the missing photos and add them manually. it also seems when you add the missing photos after finding them in the library when the sync happens when the device is plugged in and charging some photos simply disappear out of the people album randomly. this feature is great but seems very unprepared and buggy.

anyone seeing similar/same behaviour

thanks

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
hi just wanted to ask has anybody noticed that the people album isn't syncing all photos for a particular person across all devices. for example I've seen some photos are missing for a particular person on one device over another. for example person A on iPhone has 500 but Person A on iPad or Mac may show as 410 for example, a gap of 90 photos missing.

have to go manually find the missing photos and add them manually. it also seems when you add the missing photos after finding them in the library when the sync happens when the device is plugged in and charging some photos simply disappear out of the people album randomly. this feature is great but seems very unprepared and buggy.

anyone seeing similar/same behaviour

thanks

What version of the operating system your devices are using?
Apple said:
Note: When you use iCloud Photos, your People album is kept up to date on all your devices that meet these minimum system requirements: iOS 11, iPadOS 13, or macOS 10.13. (You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on all the devices.)
Reference: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph9c7ee918c/ios

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
The people album doesn’t sync like the rest of the photo library for privacy reasons to my knowledge

Last edited: