Hi everyone! I've been logged out from my FB account from all my devices and when I try to login, the system is asking me to add a 6-digit login code from my code generator.

I've no recollection of setting up the two-way authentication, but I may have done is without realizing.

So how do I get this code? FB has its own code generator inside my account, but I can't access it since I can't log in!

It's unbelievable, but it seems there is no way I can log in! Any suggestions?
    04-14-2022 06:37 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. Unfortunately, it seems like you would be better off contacting Facebook support. In order to continue participating in this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
    04-14-2022 08:53 AM
    Try logging in on the net instead of the app
    Annie_M likes this.
    04-14-2022 10:20 AM
    @ Αnnie_M: Ι've just signed up, thanks! I'm afraid you are right, I need to contact FB support, but how can I do that? I've search the internet on how to contact them and it seems it's impossible if you are logged out! I'd be grateful if you could suggest a way to do that.

@kataran: I've tried to log in on the net but still, FB requires that I enter the 6-digit code. When I click "need another way to authenticate" it prompts me to go to FB app and find the code generator. But I am logged out from there too! And there is no other suggestion nor a link to contact FB support if you keep facing an issue.

What I've learned from this experience is that a) if you have activated the two-factor authentication and you get logged out from FB on all devices, you are basically doomed. And b) contacting FB is so hard.
    04-14-2022 01:06 PM
    You’ve received a blessing. Continue onward and enjoy life…
    FFR likes this.
    04-14-2022 02:43 PM
    @kataran: I've tried to log in on the net but still, FB requires that I enter the 6-digit code. When I click "need another way to authenticate" it prompts me to go to FB app and find the code generator. But I am logged out from there too! And there is no other suggestion nor a link to contact FB support if you keep facing an issue.
    Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often

Sorry about your predicament but I’ll give you one more Hail Mary

Search your Email you might be sitting on the code without knowing it. It’s a long shot
    04-14-2022 06:30 PM
    Have you tried having the code delivered by SMS?

It seems that it is still a feature on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/105487009541643

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a way to contact Facebook Support.
    04-14-2022 06:55 PM
    Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately, I've tried everything: I've watched videos, I've read articles but I can't find a solution. What is crazy, is the inability to contact FB since you have to be logged in to contact them! What is even stranger, is that, for some reason, some options suggested in videos about contacting FB do not appear in my computer (Mac) or iPhone. For instance, here is a screenshot from a video of what a guy sees:

Name:  Στιγμιότυπο 2022-04-15, 2.02.09 μμ.png
Views: 1406
Size:  67.5 KB

And this is what I see:

I've locked out from my Facebook account because of the two-factor authentication-image0-6-.jpeg

So I can't view the third and fourth options which would help me out.
    Attached Thumbnails I've locked out from my Facebook account because of the two-factor authentication-2022-04-15-1.58.54-.png  
    04-15-2022 07:41 AM
    What I would like is a way of stopping Facebook contacting ME !
    scruffypig likes this.
    04-15-2022 08:38 AM
    You have "I don't have my phone" checked. Have you tried the "Send text with code" option? Does it not scroll so you can see the other options? If not, try the first option. See what happens.
    Annie_M and dimiskour like this.
    04-15-2022 11:33 AM
    I've had problems logging in to Facebook on the Friendly app. It takes me in circles. But I did manage to log in on my old 6s Plus. But not on my 12 Pro Max. Facebook really has made logging in too difficult. And you can't reach out for help, unless your logged in. The problem you're having with Facebook's 2 factor Authentication is why I don't use it with Apple and my Apple ID.
    Annie_M and dimiskour like this.
    04-15-2022 11:43 AM
    You’ve received a blessing. Continue onward and enjoy life…
    YES!!!. Not the answer that the asker wanted to read. Bu, I agree. We need to ship does ALL social media programmes if that is not possible then the government should ban the use of there.

These companies are making the wrong type of peeps rich.

Other countries do this why can’t the USA.

Social media sends too many lies out. Peeps get scammed by these type of connections.

The country would be much better off without this nonsense. We were much better off without this nonsense.

So yes you are having this issue cause you are being told to quit this junk. This is a blessing. So yes move on and you will have a better life.
    05-10-2022 12:26 PM
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I have had the EXACT same predicament. Even worse, i manage ad accounts for my agency and i can't access business manager!!!
    08-30-2022 10:27 PM
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I have had the EXACT same predicament. Even worse, i manage ad accounts for my agency and i can't access business manager!!!
    I have no answer to the issue in this thread but just wanted to say hello and welcome to iMore.
    08-31-2022 08:57 AM
    Same issue here as well. Found this - but as far as I can tell the account is essentially lost at this point? It seems this issue has been happening in the last few months (I think they removed the option to verify with ID?), so hopefully if enough people raise the same issue they'll open a path to authenticating for this use case. I dutifully backed up my phone before switching, but none of the QR stuff got backed off, and now I've lost the account I've had for 15 years where I keep in touch with friends and family all over the world
    09-06-2022 01:30 PM
    Same issue here as well. Found this - but as far as I can tell the account is essentially lost at this point? It seems this issue has been happening in the last few months (I think they removed the option to verify with ID?), so hopefully if enough people raise the same issue they'll open a path to authenticating for this use case. I dutifully backed up my phone before switching, but none of the QR stuff got backed off, and now I've lost the account I've had for 15 years where I keep in touch with friends and family all over the world
    Hello and welcome to iMore!
    09-06-2022 02:16 PM
    Hi everybody,

Same issue also for me. I use Microsoft Authenticator. Hope somebody can find a solution.
    Thanks in advance
    Tili
    09-08-2022 05:29 AM
    Think yourselves lucky.
    09-08-2022 02:07 PM
    Hi everybody,

Same issue also for me. I use Microsoft Authenticator. Hope somebody can find a solution.
    Thanks in advance
    Tili
    Do you get to the Code Generator prompt on Facebook’s login system? If so, you need to type the 6 digit code generated by Microsoft Authenticator within 30s.

Note: It’s important that your phone’s clock and time zones are set properly under “Settings”, “General”, “Date and Time”.
    09-08-2022 07:39 PM
    Hi Ed7789, thanks for your answer.
    The problem is that I changed my smartphone and my Microsofot Authenticator account was not backed up. I reset my old smartphone and on the new one I don't have my facebook account anymore. So when facebook asks me to enter the 6 digit code in 30 seconds, I can't do anything because my facebook account is not on my Microsoft Authenticator anymore.

Do you think I have a chance to contact Microsoft Authenticator so that they reinstall my facebook account in the application? It's like for facebook, I can't find any contact at Microsofot Authenticator.

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day. Daniel
    09-14-2022 03:15 AM
    The problem is that I changed my smartphone and my Microsofot Authenticator account was not backed up. I reset my old smartphone and on the new one I don't have my facebook account anymore. So when facebook asks me to enter the 6 digit code in 30 seconds, I can't do anything because my facebook account is not on my Microsoft Authenticator anymore.

Do you think I have a chance to contact Microsoft Authenticator so that they reinstall my facebook account in the application? It's like for facebook, I can't find any contact at Microsofot Authenticator.

Hello and welcome to iMore Daniel. I hope you're able to find a solution to your issue. Can you clarify specifically which model of smartphone you're having issues with?
    09-14-2022 08:59 AM

You need to contact Facebook Support regarding this matter. They will be the only ones who can assist you in getting back into your account.
    09-14-2022 09:25 AM
    Thank you Just_Me_D
    You are right. Since several days i search to contact facebook support but no way. I don't find any formular or adresse or phone number. But i know that it exist but where ?? If you have an idea, let me know. Thank you and have a nice evening. Daniel
    09-14-2022 02:31 PM
    Thank you Just_Me_D
    You are right. Since several days i search to contact facebook support but no way. I don't find any formular or adresse or phone number. But i know that it exist but where ?? If you have an idea, let me know. Thank you and have a nice evening. Daniel

You’re welcome. As for a phone number for Facebook Support? I doubt it. This USAToday articles from a few months ago says it all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...er/7247319001/
    09-14-2022 08:12 PM

Hi Daniel,

As some of the other replies mention, you will need to go through Facebook.
    Microsoft does not store or backup your authenticator tokens on their servers. As such, they simply don't have them.

They do offer a backup feature in their app that uses iCloud to store an encrypted copy of your tokens - a copy that you will need your Microsoft account to unlock. This will not help you right now, but it might help you in the future if such a situation reoccurs.
    09-14-2022 09:07 PM
38 12