If my $30 Wyze watch can show me who's calling and/or texting, why can't my tablet?
    01-14-2022 06:28 PM
    The iPhone is not a tablet and tablets generally do not receive text messages or phone calls. With continuity and handoff, other “Apple” devices can receive phone calls and text messages from an iPhone.

Continuity & handoff is not meant to work with non-Apple products.
    01-14-2022 06:54 PM
    If my $30 Wyze watch can show me who's calling and/or texting, why can't my tablet?
    Because unlike the producer of your watch or your car stereo (providing you have one), Samsung has not made an app to communicate with the iphone via Bluetooth, of the type to intercept phonecalls that arrive on your phone, and to display them on your tablet.
    Just_Me_D and aximtreo like this.
    01-15-2022 05:41 AM
    Why can’t your Samsung tablet receive calls or texts that your iPhone is receiving, though a 30$ watch can show you caller ID or a text message?
    The Wyze watch is purposefully designed to interact with an iPhone(or other smartphones) through their app and BT. This allows the Watch to provide health data as well as provide some (extremely)limited call/text functionality. A Samsung tablet is a standalone device, unlikely “30$”, and Samsung doesn’t design it to interwork with iPhone or likely much care to or pay to develop an app that makes it easier to own an iPhone.
    Observation: you’re looking for Apple eco level interwork features by way of inexpensive devices from disparate manufacturers to make it “go” via apps? If this is true then I strongly suggest reconsidering that plan.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-15-2022 06:29 AM
    This is all part of the Apple ecosystem. Handoff works pretty seamlessly between Apple devices. It's part of what makes Apple so popular. "It just works".
    Up_And_Away and Lee_Bo like this.
    01-15-2022 08:21 AM
    In addition to everything else that’s already been said I’d like to welcome you to iMore.

In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
    https://forums.imore.com/ask-questio...-up-imore.html
    01-15-2022 08:29 AM
    A Skype Number https://secure.skype.com/en/skype-number/ may be an option. https://www.skype.com/en/features/ indicates that you could have Skype installed on your phone and tablet.
    01-15-2022 09:34 AM
    This is all part of the Apple ecosystem. Handoff works pretty seamlessly between Apple devices. It's part of what makes Apple so popular. "It just works".
    This.

Boom!

Have a nice day.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-18-2022 09:41 PM