On the news just now in Santa Barbara the police there have a neat idea.

A out of uniform officer places a delivery on someone’s porch. Inside is a item for example a iPhone. Then the hopes the delivery will get stolen.

Now the catch is inside the box is another item called a tracking device.

Once the de;I very leaves the porch the police are notified.

Then catch the porch pirate and arrest the person.

The police of course need permission from the home owner to set this scheme up.

Then other peeps that are planning on nicking deliveries see this. That should change their minds.
    12-24-2021 03:05 PM
    As of late, the bigger problem has been delivery drivers stealing boxes instead of delivering them. Evil exits so there will always be thieves.
    Annie_M and scruffypig like this.
    12-25-2021 01:27 PM
    I never knew that. Well…..that is harder to fix. Have to always purchase a delivery confirmation number when anything is sent along with insurance.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-25-2021 01:45 PM
    I never knew that. Well…..that is harder to fix. Have to always purchase a delivery confirmation number when anything is sent along with insurance.
    Delivery driver theft should be the responsibility of the delivery company. For example, if an Amazon driver steals my item, Amazon should reimburse me for that item then they can take up the theft with the responsible employee.
    12-25-2021 06:53 PM
    True. Have to prove that the driver was the cause. Sure you are right.
    12-25-2021 07:02 PM
    It’s getting so bad that I wouldn’t be surprised if tracker devices were included in shipments! I do like when I get a delivery confirmation that includes a photo of the package near my front door.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    12-26-2021 11:31 PM
    That would be good.
    12-26-2021 11:36 PM
    It’s getting so bad that I wouldn’t be surprised if tracker devices were included in shipments! I do like when I get a delivery confirmation that includes a photo of the package near my front door.
    The photo thing is all on the side of the delivery driver, what has been happening, is a minute or two later a hooded person swipes the package off the porch. Now with photo the delivery company does not want to play ball even tho hooded person gets back in van up the road. A couple of years ago my daughter was waiting for a courier to bring a new phone, just before Christmas, after waiting way,way past the estimated time, she suddenly got a text announcing her phone had been delivered half an hour ago ! I was in at the time and confirm no-one had been anywhere near the house. After hours of obstruction from the delivery company, they say they have a signature from my daughter on reception of her package. Telekinesis ? This took nearly three weeks to sort out and no apology on behalf of either company involved.
    12-28-2021 08:00 AM
    The photo thing is all on the side of the delivery driver, what has been happening, is a minute or two later a hooded person swipes the package off the porch. Now with photo the delivery company does not want to play ball even tho hooded person gets back in van up the road. A couple of years ago my daughter was waiting for a courier to bring a new phone, just before Christmas, after waiting way,way past the estimated time, she suddenly got a text announcing her phone had been delivered half an hour ago ! I was in at the time and confirm no-one had been anywhere near the house. After hours of obstruction from the delivery company, they say they have a signature from my daughter on reception of her package. Telekinesis ? This took nearly three weeks to sort out and no apology on behalf of either company involved.
    That’s horrendous!
    12-28-2021 08:40 AM
    We did not hear anything like this happening 15 years ago.
    12-31-2021 07:36 PM
    As of late, the bigger problem has been delivery drivers stealing boxes instead of delivering them. Evil exits so there will always be thieves.
    01-01-2022 03:40 AM
    I’m going to argue another point. If you pay them a good wage and offer them good benefits for their labor then they will not consider stealing to better their lot.
    01-01-2022 05:40 AM
    I’m going to argue another point. If you pay them a good wage and offer them good benefits for their labor then they will not consider stealing to better their lot.
    Greed does not work like that, at all.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-01-2022 07:14 AM
    A good deal of people steal because it’s their preference. Their mentality is why spend my money or spend my time going to the store and buying it when I can just take yours?
    01-01-2022 09:10 AM
    Greed does not work like that, at all.
    We have not established greed.
    01-01-2022 02:57 PM
    A good deal of people steal because it’s their preference. Their mentality is why spend my money or spend my time going to the store and buying it when I can just take yours?
    This is true. But it does not refute my point.
    01-01-2022 02:57 PM
    This is true. But it does not refute my point.
    I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to refute your point. I was just adding another reason as to why people steal.
    grover5 likes this.
    01-01-2022 03:02 PM
    Thou shall not steal.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-01-2022 03:37 PM