Poor video quality when texting to Android friends

iKevinJ

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
Anytime I send video in a group text that includes Android phone users, the video quality is degraded for all of the recipients including those with iPhones. Is there anyway to fix that other than buying my Android friends iPhones?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is “Optimize iPhone Storage” enabled in the Photos settings on your iPhone?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Anytime I send video in a group text that includes Android phone users, the video quality is degraded for all of the recipients including those with iPhones. Is there anyway to fix that other than buying my Android friends iPhones?

This is because the message is sent over MMS. This causes the video to be recompressed to a common codec and resolution for all possible mobile devices. Your iPhone does not know what kind of device your recipients have, even if they are iPhones.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
You could text a link to the video that resides in Apple Photos (assuming you are using Apple Photos).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is not a perfect solution, but I send two identical texts... one to my iOS family members & friends, and the other to those on Android devices. Granted, it's a bit of a bother, but it works.

iKevinJ

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for all the replies. I have workarounds, and admit I never thought of sending a shared photo album to an Android user, didn’t know that would work. If only they knew what they were missing, but most are so proud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2