Car view Apple Music

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, maybe someone can help me.
Ever since IOS 15, car view on Apple Music never gets enabled. I have checked everything, and car play is enabled in settings.
I also noticed how wonky Apple Music is in my Jeep.
Siri does not respond to commands. The Bluetooth thinks I am trying to make a call.
Spotify doesn’t have those issues. And I tried to like Spotify, but the lack of radio stations, auto play not working, among other issues, brought me back to Apple Music. But unfortunately, Apple Music is buggy as heck through Bluetooth in my Jeep. Thanks much. 🙂

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Ever since IOS 15, car view on Apple Music never gets enabled. I have checked everything, and car play is enabled in settings.
Siri does not respond to commands. The Bluetooth thinks I am trying to make a call.
Spotify doesn’t have those issues. And I tried to like Spotify, but the lack of radio stations, auto play not working, among other issues, brought me back to Apple Music. But unfortunately, Apple Music is buggy as heck through Bluetooth in my Jeep. Thanks much.

Have you tried unpairing and pairing CarPlay again on your phone and car?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried unpairing and pairing CarPlay again on your phone and car?

Good idea, I can try that and see what happens. Thank you.
Edit: that didn’t work. I also noticed, no Apple Music on Waze.

Last edited:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Spotify doesn’t have those issues. And I tried to like Spotify, but the lack of radio stations, auto play not working, among other issues, brought me back to Apple Music. But unfortunately, Apple Music is buggy as heck through Bluetooth in my Jeep. Thanks much. ??????
... And you're plugging it in via a lightning to usb cable? Just asking.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
... And you're plugging it in via a lightning to usb cable? Just asking.
No, straight through Bluetooth, no cable. But again, Apple Music is buggy through Bluetooth. Whether I am in my Jeep or the work truck. Simple commands to play a certain genre or playlist. It sends Siri in to a state of confusion. She thinks I want to make call instead. And the car view is still broken. This all started in iOS 15.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried resetting network settings? If you do, remember that it will erase all saved wireless networks.

I personally don’t use Apple Music in my car that often. The few times I did on iOS 15, I have not experience any issues.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried resetting network settings? If you do, remember that it will erase all saved wireless networks.

I personally don’t use Apple Music in my car that often. The few times I did on iOS 15, I have not experience any issues.
I have tried everything thanks. I’ll figure this out.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I don’t know if this is related but I reported a bug regarding the Apple Music widget. When I press the widget it takes me to my playlist but, essentially, kicks me back to the main screen when I try to do anything (except play the currently queued song). Possibly underlying related Apple Music issue.

But this isn’t CarPlay, it is just via my iPhone. I’m very unfortunately stuck with a car without car play(I like my car but want car play). I use a simple Bluetooth connection, Apple Music and the built in controls give me only skip to next song or pause. So I always have the desired playlist ready before driving on my way ??????

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I technically don’t have CarPlay. The Jeep has Bluetooth, and my controls are on the steering wheel. Car view is what doesn’t work, and Bluetooth as said is wonky.
Car view is not so important as Siri commands are a mess now. She thinks I am making a call, rather opening a certain music genre or playlist.

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I technically don’t have CarPlay. The Jeep has Bluetooth, and my controls are on the steering wheel. Car view is what doesn’t work, and Bluetooth as said is wonky.
Car view is not so important as Siri commands are a mess now. She thinks I am making a call, rather opening a certain music genre or playlist.
I'm now very confused. I assumed Car View and CarPlay were the same thing.

What do you mean by Car View?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

If you don't have Car Play you are likely in the annoying and at times impossible mess that can occur with car dashboards. Some cars under warranty can have updates to help. It can be a pain to keep at your dealer to get that done.

Even with Car Play some vehicles have firmware updates from the dealers or OTA that can help.

We give a lot of tech support to our near 1000 employees and have a few Stellantis vehicles in the company fleet, and about 200 company mobile devices. That supports my feeling Stellantis has carried on that long tradition of Chrysler and Jeep making craptacular stuff. Hopefully this is a new enough vehicle to get dealer support.

If you have an aging vehicle you can get Car Play replacement units.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Car view is a more blown up version of the app. And you can scroll between playlists.

Is it similar/same as the iPod menus in some cars?
I'm asking, because I want to test it out in my car to see how I can help you; but I don't know where to start searching…

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm still missing something here, and I support the Apple mobile and users at some scale. All I know with Car Play is the dashboard represents what your Apple Music lists and downloads are on all devices. Some vehicle proprietary systems are more and less wonky in how they treat your phone as a portable music player. This reads like the latter.

I don't know what the Jeep model is but I've helped two in c suite who drive Grand Cherokees. They seemed more like the too busy junk show some Acura, Ford and GM are vs what I know with some VW, Subaru and Toyota iterations. What seems to work really well are the systems that just have you controlling everything via Car Play running in your dashboard.

With the more craptacular systems and no Car Play, cars a USB connection and using Siri with the phone itself usually works best.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner