Home iMore Q&A > Ask a Question

How to set Apple Music as my default music player in iOS15?

Asked: Oct 15 2021 | 4:06 am EDT 703 Views 4 Answers

Hello! I'm still a iPhone newbie (well six months in). I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.0.2 . I had Spotify set as my default music player but now I'veswitched to Apple mmusic. I've looked everywhere and can't get a definitive answer. I just want to be able to say"Hey Siri play ---" and it plays from Apple Music. Thanks in advance!!

More Answers

Oct 15 2021 | 12:21 pm EDT Annie_M

From what I can tell, there is currently no way to choose a default music player. Apparently, if you ask Siri to play a song, Siri will ask you which music player you want to use.

Oct 15 2021 | 4:29 pm EDT Ledsteplin

From what I can tell, there is currently no way to choose a default music player. Apparently, if you ask Siri to play a song, Siri will ask you which music player you want to use.
Can you ask SIRI to play the song on Music? Like, "Hey Siri, play Green River on Music ".

Oct 15 2021 | 6:46 pm EDT Annie_M

Can you ask SIRI to play the song on Music? Like, "Hey Siri, play Green River on Music ".
I think so! I only have music stored i. My iTunes library. If someone has both  Music and Spotify, it would be worth checking.

Oct 16 2021 | 6:37 am EDT Tartarus

Hello! I'm still a iPhone newbie (well six months in). I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.0.2 . I had Spotify set as my default music player but now I'veswitched to Apple mmusic. I've looked everywhere and can't get a definitive answer. I just want to be able to say"Hey Siri play ---" and it plays from Apple Music. Thanks in advance!!
Have you tried deleting Spotify and then ask Siri to play a song? If so, what happens then?

If not, do this and see what happens.
I think it’s safe to install Spotify again, hoping it won’t override Music for Spotify as the default player in Siri.