Working with files

nthnu

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
My work phone is an iPhone XR and I'm having an incredibly hard time trying to figure something simple out and can't find anything online that helps.

In Mail, I downloaded a PDF attachment (travel expenses) and it only allows me to save it On My iPhone under Keynote, Notes, Pages, etc. I pick Pages.

I go to my travel expense app, and go to select From Library and it only shows Downloads.

I can see Keynote, Notes, Pages, and Downloads in the Files app.
So I try to move or copy the PDFs From Pages to the Downloads folder and I'm only given Keynote, Notes, Pages, etc, not Downloads. So I'm confused.

Am I missing something?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Had you tried saving to the “On my iPhone” folder?

Does the travel expense app show up in the share sheet, in the section below? Keep in mind that the app might be listed under “More”.
d6e88ac2b9010dea6cfaf7a767e7c026.jpg

nthnu

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I looked under More, but still unable to view the apps I need.

I did install the Adobe Acrobat app, and strangely I can share the attachment to it, then in my expense app open from Acrobat. Beats me, but it's the only way it works for me.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I looked under More, but still unable to view the apps I need.

I did install the Adobe Acrobat app, and strangely I can share the attachment to it, then in my expense app open from Acrobat. Beats me, but it's the only way it works for me.

Glad to hear you found a workaround.

For the app to appear in the share sheet, the developer must have declared its support. Unfortunately, not all of them do

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2