iPhone iBooks app not showing PDF covers

I

iMore Question

Hello I have an iphone 8 and trasnfered some purchased pdf's from my PC to my App, unfortunately when accessing the ibooks app through my phone the thumbnails rather than showing the books actual cover instead just show a general solid color with white text showing the pdf's name. This didn't used to be the case as my older iphone didn't have this issue.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!

For what it's worth, I just looked on my iPhone (12 Pro), and initially, I saw the general solid color with white text that you described, but then the cover showed up. I realize that is not much help to you.

I do recall reading that there is a bug where this happens. I found this article: (https://desktopofsamuel.com/fixing-ios-books-cover-problem-with-custom-epub/), that offers a workaround of sorts. Hopefully, someone else will come along with a possible solution.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2