Hello.

My iPhone 7 is on iOS 14.2 and I'm going to update it to 14.6 from Software Update in Settings.

I want to know if the device will ask for Apple ID security questions after booting from an update.

Thanks.
    06-20-2021 09:15 AM
    I assume you’ll be updating OTA (over the air). If so, I do I recall it asking for that information.
    Ahmad Pajouhesh likes this.
    06-20-2021 10:19 AM
    Hello.

My iPhone 7 is on iOS 14.2 and I'm going to update it to 14.6 from Software Update in Settings.

I want to know if the device will ask for Apple ID security questions after booting from an update.

Thanks.
    It probably won’t ask for that on first boot after update, but it may ask for it in the App Store or iCloud. But as long as you’re the rightful owner with answers to the security questions, there shouldn’t be any issues.
    06-20-2021 10:32 AM
    It probably won’t ask for that on first boot after update, but it may ask for it in the App Store or iCloud. But as long as you’re the rightful owner with answers to the security questions, there shouldn’t be any issues.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, I'm the rightful owner without answers to the security questions
    06-20-2021 10:38 AM
    You can turn on two-factor authentication and then you won’t need to remember the security questions. You will need a second device to receive the code.
    scruffypig likes this.
    06-20-2021 11:20 AM
    I'm only asked my Passcode when I update. The Passcode I use to open my iPhone. Don't recall it asking anything else. It does ask if I want to use 2 Factor. But don't.
    06-20-2021 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, I'm the rightful owner without answers to the security questions
    It may not ask anything other than Passcode. But at some point you will need to know your Apple ID and possibly security questions. Did you set up security questions, and forgot them, or what?
    06-20-2021 03:17 PM
    It may not ask anything other than Passcode. But at some point you will need to know your Apple ID and possibly security questions. Did you set up security questions, and forgot them, or what?
    How could you go wrong ? unless of course you were a little too clever !
    06-20-2021 03:28 PM
    If you do run into an issue, your only option would be to contact Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204106
    06-20-2021 05:09 PM
    Hello.

Thanks.
    It won’t
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-20-2021 07:23 PM