Security concious, 1Password or LastPass?

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
We all know security matters. Being in June, we are already halfway through 2021.

But, for 2021, according to you, which is the 'better' password app, 1Password or LastPass and why?

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Bitwarden.

Why? Because it’s open source, it’s free for an individual or two person organization (what the wife and I use). Their paid plans also provide a good value.

If your all in with Apple, Apple’s keychain is also good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use 1Password for personal use and have been using it for years. For work, we use LastPass and although a bit different from 1Password, it’s still a very nice and secure app and service. Between the two, I prefer 1Password.

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
If you had to mention one thing that you prefer in 1Password, what would that be?

I use 1Password for personal use and have been using it for years. For work, we use LastPass and although a bit different from 1Password, it’s still a very nice and secure app and service. Between the two, I prefer 1Password.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you had to mention one thing that you prefer in 1Password, what would that be?

With 1Password, I can customize my entries. For example, I can create section called Automobile and then specify the information to be contained therein such as tag number, VIN, Year, Make Model, etcetera. I can add whatever fields I want.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I use 1Password, the customer service, and the $35 annual fee is well worth it for the security it offers. I also still use iCloud Keychain.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I prefer 1Password for my own use, even if it is 51,74$/year (that’s CAD, with all applicable taxes included).

Why? It’s made by fellow Canadians. :) Also, I like the fact that it does not live in the browser, and that I can use Touch ID and Windows Hello with it.

Professionally, we use a self-hosted enterprise solution, which has no relation to 1Password or LastPass.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using 1Password since Christmas day 2013, and have really enjoyed it. No problems, and their support has been great.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I used 1Password until the lifetime license I purchased no longer covered the ability to use the Safari extension as only the new subscription based version, or new lifetime license purchase, allowed the Safari extension use. I looked at LastPass, I'm not a big fan of the design, or subscription. I ended up using BitWarden, which also has a dated look. However, I don't need to pay a subscription to use the things I want to use.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Bitwarden.

Why? Because it’s open source, it’s free for an individual or two person organization (what the wife and I use). Their paid plans also provide a good value.

If your all in with Apple, Apple’s keychain is also good.

Agreed. Works and syncs across my android phones, iPad, iPhone and iMac.