2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, CarPlay starts up about 50% of the time, doesn’t matter what cable I use. Only way to get it to connect is restarting my iPhone while connected. I don’t have this problem with Alpine or Pioneer head units in other vehicles, only with the stock UConnect HU. Any ideas? I’ve asked this in a Jeep forum but received no response. Current iPhone 12 Pro Max with all updates. Same issue with previous iPhone.
    06-13-2021 08:13 AM
    It’s possible the Jeep’s firmware may need to be updated to correct the problem?
    06-13-2021 08:24 AM
    I have a similar issue with my 21’ Jeep Wrangler only it involves the USB port inside the center console (which I prefer to use, neater). Random disconnects no matter what cable I use. I figure maybe there’s a firmware update but, I guess I need to take it into the dealer for that
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-13-2021 08:33 AM
    It’s possible the Jeep’s firmware may need to be updated to correct the problem?
    I checked that on a UConnect website with the VIN number and it said the firmware was up to date.
    06-13-2021 09:45 AM
    I have a similar issue with my 21’ Jeep Wrangler only it involves the USB port inside the center console (which I prefer to use, neater). Random disconnects no matter what cable I use. I figure maybe there’s a firmware update but, I guess I need to take it into the dealer for that
    Do a Google search and you should be able to find a website that you input your VIN to see if there’s a firmware update. As I recall I was able to download a firmware update for the stock HU on my 2016 Wrangler and plug a USB thumbdrive into the HU or console to update. There will be instructions how to do it in the website. That was 2 HU’s ago on my Wrangler.
    06-13-2021 09:49 AM
    Do a Google search and you should be able to find a website that you input your VIN to see if there’s a firmware update. As I recall I was able to download a firmware update for the stock HU on my 2016 Wrangler and plug a USB thumbdrive into the HU or console to update. There will be instructions how to do it in the website. That was 2 HU’s ago on my Wrangler.
    Thanks for the info. Didn’t know it was possible to check yourself. So I just checked and the results were that my vehicle is up to date
    06-13-2021 10:06 AM