CarPlay connection issues

iKevinJ

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, CarPlay starts up about 50% of the time, doesn’t matter what cable I use. Only way to get it to connect is restarting my iPhone while connected. I don’t have this problem with Alpine or Pioneer head units in other vehicles, only with the stock UConnect HU. Any ideas? I’ve asked this in a Jeep forum but received no response. Current iPhone 12 Pro Max with all updates. Same issue with previous iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s possible the Jeep’s firmware may need to be updated to correct the problem?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my 21’ Jeep Wrangler only it involves the USB port inside the center console (which I prefer to use, neater). Random disconnects no matter what cable I use. I figure maybe there’s a firmware update but, I guess I need to take it into the dealer for that

iKevinJ

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my 21’ Jeep Wrangler only it involves the USB port inside the center console (which I prefer to use, neater). Random disconnects no matter what cable I use. I figure maybe there’s a firmware update but, I guess I need to take it into the dealer for that

Do a Google search and you should be able to find a website that you input your VIN to see if there’s a firmware update. As I recall I was able to download a firmware update for the stock HU on my 2016 Wrangler and plug a USB thumbdrive into the HU or console to update. There will be instructions how to do it in the website. That was 2 HU’s ago on my Wrangler.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Do a Google search and you should be able to find a website that you input your VIN to see if there’s a firmware update. As I recall I was able to download a firmware update for the stock HU on my 2016 Wrangler and plug a USB thumbdrive into the HU or console to update. There will be instructions how to do it in the website. That was 2 HU’s ago on my Wrangler.

Thanks for the info. Didn’t know it was possible to check yourself. So I just checked and the results were that my vehicle is up to date
37efdf544c9d9168029b6d9ebace7499.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711