Grab AirPods Pro for just $190 on Prime Day!

I recently updated my iphone 11 pro max to ios 14.1 and since the update iam having issues with my brightness. Cant't be 100% sure its a software issue but it hasnt been dropped or damaged and just randomly happens since the update so iam guessing its software related?omegle xender

Usually if i was to toggle the brightness all the way down it obviously dims but now iam finding that i will randomly look at my phone and see the display is really dim and if i check the bar it might be at 15/20% and if i turn it down to zero the screen is barely visible (which makes sense) but it was never this dim before.

There is certainly a change in how the brightness is functioning and its not consistent because if i power the phone off and back on again then everything reverts back to normal but then at some points hours later i take my phone out and its really really dim again. Turning the brightness up helps but its way dimmer when turned down low then it used to be and only reverts to the brightness iam used to after a restart.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by EleanorWyatt; 06-09-2021 at 01:42 AM.
    06-05-2021 01:07 AM
    Not sure how you recently updated to iOS 14.1. iOS 14.6 is the current iOS version. I would update to 14.6.
    06-05-2021 01:43 AM
    Welcome to iMore. As Moderator Pr1nce stated, I'm not sure how you just updated to iOS 14.1 when 14.6 has been released and 14.1 is no longer being signed by Apple.
    Just_Me_D, Annie_M and pr1nce like this.
    06-05-2021 07:23 AM
    I recently updated my iphone 11 pro max to ios 14.1 and since the update iam having issues with my brightness. Cant't be 100% sure its a software issue but it hasnt been dropped or damaged and just randomly happens since the update so iam guessing its software related?

Usually if i was to toggle the brightness all the way down it obviously dims but now iam finding that i will randomly look at my phone and see the display is really dim and if i check the bar it might be at 15/20% and if i turn it down to zero the screen is barely visible (which makes sense) but it was never this dim before.

There is certainly a change in how the brightness is functioning and its not consistent because if i power the phone off and back on again then everything reverts back to normal but then at some points hours later i take my phone out and its really really dim again. Turning the brightness up helps but its way dimmer when turned down low then it used to be and only reverts to the brightness iam used to after a restart.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Try rebooting the device or go to the Settings menu and select the “Reset All Settings” option to see if that fixes the problem for you.
    Spencerdl and pr1nce like this.
    06-05-2021 08:40 AM
    Do you have auto brightness toggled on? If so, toggle that off, then set it.
    06-05-2021 10:45 AM