I have the latest beta installed on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. When I go to send a message, using CarPlay, it repeats the message back to me before I send it, but when it does, the message is garbled after the first few words.

I was previously running 14.5 and didn't have this issue. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
    05-04-2021 06:55 PM
    Hello and welcome to iMore.

I noticed the behaviour on the iOS 14.6 beta, even without CarPlay. Tonight, Siri would not even respond verbally. I did not see that same reaction on iPadOS.

If you wish to continue the conversation, you could consider registering for an account on iMore. Please have a look at this post on signing up.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-04-2021 09:33 PM
    Hello and welcome to iMore.

I noticed the behaviour on the iOS 14.6 beta, even without CarPlay. Tonight, Siri would not even respond verbally. I did not see that same reaction on iPadOS.

If you wish to continue the conversation, you could consider registering for an account on iMore. Please have a look at this post on signing up.
    I'm sorry. I thought I had logged in. I've done so now. Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing this behavior.

Thank you.

Mike.
    05-05-2021 02:31 PM
    I have the latest beta installed on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. When I go to send a message, using CarPlay, it repeats the message back to me before I send it, but when it does, the message is garbled after the first few words.

I was previously running 14.5 and didn't have this issue. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
    After reading your post, I asked Siri to send a message to my lady and when it read the message back, there were no errors. I’m running the latest dev beta on my iPhone 12 Pro, by the way.

Anyway, hopefully the issue you and Ed are having is easily resolved. I’ll keep trying periodically to recreate the issue with my iPhone and I’ll provide an update if I’m successful.
    05-05-2021 04:04 PM
    Well, I’m running 14.5.1 official and on the way home I asked Siri to tell me what the weather is. I got the icon on the CarPlay display but I heard nothing. Complete silence. I told Siri to call a coworker. Again, I got the icon and then the call was ringing, but I didn’t hear her voice. There’s something definitely wrong in the Matrix.
    05-05-2021 04:40 PM
    I'm sorry. I thought I had logged in. I've done so now. Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing this behavior.

Thank you.

Mike.
    No worries.

Also, we have a thread for the current iOS 14.6 Beta (Beta 2) right here: https://forums.imore.com/showthread....=1#post3251566
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-05-2021 07:19 PM
    Well, I’m running 14.5.1 official and on the way home I asked Siri to tell me what the weather is. I got the icon on the CarPlay display but I heard nothing. Complete silence. I told Siri to call a coworker. Again, I got the icon and then the call was ringing, but I didn’t hear her voice. There’s something definitely wrong in the Matrix.
    Update:

Just did a factory reset on my car’s head unit and so far, over the weekend, it’s been working fine.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-23-2021 08:35 PM