Are iPhones worth the cash ? Do they haver more problems than androids ?

I

iMore Question

I was considering buying an iPhone, ( currently on android ).
One of the reasons is because of their good quality.

However I am worried because lately I have been hearing about all kinds of bizarre iPhone issues from screen tinting to cracked lenses , very often in almost every forum - Reddit to Quora and even Apple's own forums.

Some people are saying that Apple's reputation for quality control is slipping , Is this the case?

I want a phone that lasts for a solid 5 years without any major issues. I don't want to visit the phone repair centre once every few months. All I want is a good reliable phone without any issues.
Price is not a consternation as long as the product is worth it.

So should I go for an iPhone ?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Are iPhones worth the cash ? Do they havery more problems than androids ?

Hello and welcome to iMore. To continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!

Regarding your question, I believe that spending the money on an iPhone is worth it, and I do not agree that Apple's quality is slipping. No matter what device you decide to invest in, there will periodically be issues. I believe that Apple is quick to resolve any bugs with frequent updates. Their customer service is top-notch.

As for telling you whether or not you should go for an iPhone, I don't think anyone can tell you that. The best thing you can do is gather as many facts as possible to make the best-informed decision.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I want a phone that lasts for a solid 5 years without any major issues. I don't want to visit the phone repair centre once every few months. All I want is a good reliable phone without any issues.
Price is not a consternation as long as the product is worth it.

So should I go for an iPhone ?

The only quality issue I had with iPhone was with my iPhone 6s in 2016, where the battery had a defect. It was covered under an Apple recall or service program (I don’t remember). I brought the phone in to a regional Apple Store, left it for about 1 hour, and had it back with a different battery.

An iPhone should last you close to 5 years, if not more. I have used that same phone from 2015 until 2019, and if I wanted, I could reconfigure and use it today, with iOS 14.5.1.

The only thing is that the battery life has degraded a lot even after the replacement. And that’s on me; I had not taken care of it properly.

Be aware that iOS and Android are completely different platforms. Do not expect that the two will allow and behave the same way.

Like [mention]Annie_M [/mention] mentioned, do your research before buying. Get as much information as possible to make a informed decision for your own needs.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

My opinion: If you have to have the latest and greatest each year; no, the price is way too high. If you plan to keep it 3 - 5 years, maybe it's worth the price. This goes for all phones priced above $1000.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I bought my first iPhone back in 2012. I have never had an issue with the quality of an iPhone. I have had batteries replaced and my daughter cracked a screen once. Apple Support is top notch and the issues were handled without hassle and promptly.

I normally keep my iPhones for two years, but I could easily keep them longer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2