Mp3 Playlist

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Do mp3 play lists not port over to my iPhone? I have play lists for every folder of music which seems to work on iTunes. However when I added them to my iPhone they are not there.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
No one here has had a problem having their playlists not transfer on to their iphone? am i the only one? :(

Last edited:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
From where are you trying to "port" them?

You should be able to select the playlist in iTunes on you computer and drag it to your iPhone in the left panel.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
From where are you trying to "port" them?

You should be able to select the playlist in iTunes on you computer and drag it to your iPhone in the left panel.

From my pc iTunes to my iPhone. I figured they would just transfer when I sync my phone but they don't. I tried that trick where you uncheck sync and recheck it and sync but that didn't work either and it seems I can't even sync my music without iTunes making a backup of my phone which takes like half an hour so I don't even know if what I'm doing is working until half an hour later.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
How does your playlist show up in iTunes?

They are all blank. I had a Playlist for every album because it makes it easier to play. Sorting by album on apple music is not the most user friendly thing. It seems to sort each song as its own album so if you click in the album it only has one song. I figured making play lists would be w workaround. So if i manually populate a Playlist on iTunes on my pc, after the music syncs it doesn't transfer the playlists over to my iPhone but the new songs are there so I know it transferred them.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
They are all blank. I had a Playlist for every album because it makes it easier to play. Sorting by album on apple music is not the most user friendly thing. It seems to sort each song as its own album so if you click in the album it only has one song. I figured making play lists would be w workaround. So if i manually populate a Playlist on iTunes on my pc, after the music syncs it doesn't transfer the playlists over to my iPhone but the new songs are there so I know it transferred them.

That could be why they wouldn't sync to your iPhone. There's no point in syncing an empty playlist.

Regarding the multiple album behaviour, select all the tracks from a given album, right-click and choose "Get Info".
From there, make sure that all the fields are filled in properly. The most important ones to match are "Album" and "Album Artist".

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s best to forget everything you know from windows and android.
Read how music is done on iOS and iTunes in general and then read some more.
It’s the best and easiest way to understand stuff and avoid any issues in the future with music syncing.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That could be why they wouldn't sync to your iPhone. There's no point in syncing an empty playlist.

Regarding the multiple album behaviour, select all the tracks from a given album, right-click and choose "Get Info".
From there, make sure that all the fields are filled in properly. The most important ones to match are "Album" and "Album Artist".

I think you missed the part where I populated said playlists on iTunes yet they did not transfer to my iPhone.

As far as having the right info I know I do. I'm meticulous about my organization and it shows it on iTunes. ITunes is able to recognize songs are by this artist and song belong to this album. Apple music on my phone however seems to not recognize them that way. Sometimes it won't even show the artist when I click on artists sorting.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It’s best to forget everything you know from windows and android.
Read how music is done on iOS and iTunes in general and then read some more.
It’s the best and easiest way to understand stuff and avoid any issues in the future with music syncing.

I've tried looking for inf9 on this. All the ones I've found have been no help. I don't just come here without looking for things online first. Maybe I'm not getting the right info. I don't know. I've worked with Mac for years. It was my first intro to computers. I used pc next and it didn't require me to throw everything I knew. To me they worked similarly enough. It was intuitive. Same thing goes for Android. If you've worked with Mac or pc, working android was similar enough. Iphone, however, seems to be very different. Not sure why iTunes works so much differently than apple music but it seems so. ITunes does the things, recognizes the artists and albums but apple music somehow doesn't. Not sure where the disconnect is.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I think you missed the part where I populated said playlists on iTunes yet they did not transfer to my iPhone.
You also told me that they show up as empty in iTunes. Hence why the confusion.

As far as having the right info I know I do. I'm meticulous about my organization and it shows it on iTunes. ITunes is able to recognize songs are by this artist and song belong to this album. Apple music on my phone however seems to not recognize them that way. Sometimes it won't even show the artist when I click on artists sorting.

Still, I will suggest that you double and triple check those. Sometimes, it will read the data from the file, and not store it into the iTunes database.

Try with one album and then sync it to your phone.

Also, what are your music sync settings? :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234