Song Recognition

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi again. Is there a setting on the phone for it to recognize songs playing without me having to open an app? I really miss that feature where I hear a song and my phone has already heard it and will display the title and artist without being asked. I mean I could open an app but it's usually too late and the song might be over before that happens. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can simply ask Siri what's the name of the song that's playing and the result will display on the screen.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Music Recognition has been added to iOS in the last year or two.

You might need to go and add it to the Control Centre first.
To do so, you can go to the "Settings" app, under "Control Centre", add "Music Recognition". You can also reorder the controls from that page.

Then, it will appear in the Control Centre (which you can access when sliding from the top right down on iPhone X and later devices, or from the bottom up on iPhone 8 and earlier devices).

Edit: Or what Just_Me_D just posted :)

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

To do so, you can go to the "Settings" app, under "Control Centre", add "Music Recognition". You can also reorder the controls from that page.

Then, it will appear in the Control Centre (which you can access when sliding from the top right down on iPhone X and later devices, or from the bottom up on iPhone 8 and earlier devices).

You can simply ask Siri what's the name of the song that's playing and the result will display on the screen.

so there's no way to make the phone do it passively?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
so there's no way to make the phone do it passively?

If your previous phone was listening to musical audio outside of a music app then it was more than likely listening to your spoken audio, too. Thankfully, the iPhone doesn’t do that. You will have to evoke Siri or tap on the music recognition toggle in the Control Center, if you’ve added it therein.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a hard time believing your previous phone could do it passively either.

Who knows what really happens on an android device.

5a6a63c6189becf013fd60d4341107ce.jpg

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time believing your previous phone could do it passively either.

It does. Before I know I want know what the song is, my pixel has heard it and it displays the info at the bottom of my phone's lock screen. Like when I'm at a store or whatever. Even when it's in my pocket.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I ended up just adding it to the control thing. Thanks.??????