Image Saving

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Is there anyway to have my phone save all Instagram posts I make into it's own album/folder instead of just the recents? I'm used to having my Instagram posts being saved automatically in an Instagram album/folder whenever I post something.

I would also like to have images I save from an app be saved in it's specific album/folder automatically. On my old phone, whenever I download something from an app like reddit or something, or edit a photo in an app, the phone will make an album/folder for that app and save everything I download/make from that app in that album.

Do I have to manually move these things myself? I don't know if that's a setting thing somewhere that I am still not aware of. Thank you.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am unaware of such a setting. There is a setting in Instagram that allows you to save your photos onto your iPhone. And then you can move them to a designated folder. Here are a couple of links, one from Instagram Help, and the other from Apple Support. They will guide you through this process.

https://help.instagram.com/462167363826150

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iphc0fc668ab/ios

If there is a way to save the photos from Instagram to a specific folder, hopefully, someone will share how. If I find a way, I'll definitely post it here.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am unaware of such a setting. There is a setting in Instagram that allows you to save your photos onto your iPhone. And then you can move them to a designated folder. Here are a couple of links, one from Instagram Help, and the other from Apple Support. They will guide you through this process.

https://help.instagram.com/462167363826150

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iphc0fc668ab/ios

If there is a way to save the photos from Instagram to a specific folder, hopefully, someone will share how. If I find a way, I'll definitely post it here.

I am finding that most automatic things I'm used to doing are manual on ios :( it's so tedious.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Is there anyway to have my phone save all Instagram posts I make into it's own album/folder instead of just the recents? I'm used to having my Instagram posts being saved automatically in an Instagram album/folder whenever I post something.

I would also like to have images I save from an app be saved in it's specific album/folder automatically. On my old phone, whenever I download something from an app like reddit or something, or edit a photo in an app, the phone will make an album/folder for that app and save everything I download/make from that app in that album.

Do I have to manually move these things myself? I don't know if that's a setting thing somewhere that I am still not aware of. Thank you.

That sounds really tedious.

So android even fragments saving photos into different locations , on iOS everything get saved to the camera roll. If you save a photo it goes to the camera roll. Don’t really have to look around for it.

You should download the shortcuts app, might be what you are looking for.
ea984e48dd791fb4dd217f12434af38a.jpg

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That sounds really tedious.

So android even fragments saving photos into different locations , on iOS everything get saved to the camera roll. If you save a photo it goes to the camera roll. Don’t really have to look around for it.

You should download the shortcuts app, might be what you are looking for.
ea984e48dd791fb4dd217f12434af38a.jpg

the thing is that i want everything in their own separate folders so that when i look for something i'm not looking at everything. need smaller haystacks to find my needle lol. if i just leave them the way they are i will have a camera roll that is just full of everything. it's like having my knives, forks, spoons, plates, pans all in one place without any dividers. i did find a way, but i'm having to do it manually. it is more tedious on ios but i have to keep pictures grouped where they belong lol >_< i'll try that shortcuts app and see if it works for me. right now i'm having to manually sort all my pictures lol. on my android i can have the pictures sorted out in different folders but i can also view them as a single roll like on ios if i wanted. they're sorted by date in that case. just depends on how i want to look for a picture.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I tried it but it doesn't really work for how I use it. It finds some but often not.

I don't do Instagram. But many places I save photos from opens a folder in the Photos app with those. Those photos will show in the camera roll, as well as in the folder. No clue if Instagram does that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73