AirPods Pro deal at Amazon: Save $52 for a limited time!

Hi. I'm trying to manage my icloud because it's saying I am running out of storage but when I go to manage it,it says I have no files. I did move some pictures from my computer to my phone and that's what I'm thinking is taking up space but there seems to be no way for me to edit what's in my icloud. Also, isn't there any way I can only have camera pictures and videos uploading to the icloud? It seems to be uploading anything in the galleryno matter what the source. I added a screenshot of the icloud drive. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Icloud management-7ebcbb79-737b-48c1-9388-fb297b569861.png  
    Last edited by ulnek; 04-06-2021 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Attachment
    04-06-2021 05:04 AM
    Hi. I'm trying to manage my icloud because it's saying I am running out of storage but when I go to manage it,it says I have no files. I did move some pictures from my computer to my phone and that's what I'm thinking is taking up space but there seems to be no way for me to edit what's in my icloud. Also, isn't there any way I can only have camera pictures and videos uploading to the icloud? It seems to be uploading anything in the galleryno matter what the source. I added a screenshot of the icloud drive. Thanks.
    You can see what’s using your iCloud space in Settings -> Your Name -> iCloud -> Manage Storage.

You can also disable the iCloud Photo Library through there, and then remove all the photos over the website. I do insist that you should make a copy of those first, because I don’t know what would happen if you reenable it.

There is a different service called Photo Stream that will upload all recent photos (up to 30 days or 1000 photos) and doesn’t count towards your storage space. You need to make a copy of those photos manually to another location, because that service does not persist your photos.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201317
    Annie_M likes this.
    04-06-2021 07:18 AM
    You can see what’s using your iCloud space in Settings -> Your Name -> iCloud -> Manage Storage.

You can also disable the iCloud Photo Library through there, and then remove all the photos over the website. I do insist that you should make a copy of those first, because I don’t know what would happen if you reenable it.

There is a different service called Photo Stream that will upload all recent photos (up to 30 days or 1000 photos) and doesn’t count towards your storage space. You need to make a copy of those photos manually to another location, because that service does not persist your photos.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201317
    Thanks for that I see it now. It is indeed the set of photos I moved from my pc to my phone. I can't seem to delete items on my icloud through my phone, unless I'm not looking at the right place. Also, I'm used to my backups being under my control as in I would only enable backup on google with whatever folder I wish. That is usually just the camera folder. I noticed there is no dedicated camera folder/album and I can't seem to indicate that I just want pictures I take on my camera to upload to my icloud. I have thousands of images on my phone and most of them are from my pc so I don't need them to upload to my icloud. How do i do that?
    04-06-2021 11:02 PM
    Thanks for that I see it now. It is indeed the set of photos I moved from my pc to my phone. I can't seem to delete items on my icloud through my phone, unless I'm not looking at the right place. Also, I'm used to my backups being under my control as in I would only enable backup on google with whatever folder I wish. That is usually just the camera folder. I noticed there is no dedicated camera folder/album and I can't seem to indicate that I just want pictures I take on my camera to upload to my icloud. I have thousands of images on my phone and most of them are from my pc so I don't need them to upload to my icloud. How do i do that?
    You can’t single out an album for synchronization over iCloud. But you can use the My Photo Stream iCloud feature to upload all your newly taken pictures.

You will need to build on your PC side something that saves those pictures.

You can access those settings by choosing “Photos” in your iCloud settings.

Also, you can always use the Google Photos or some other photo service if it better suits your personal needs
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-07-2021 06:01 AM
    You can’t single out an album for synchronization over iCloud. But you can use the My Photo Stream iCloud feature to upload all your newly taken pictures.

You will need to build on your PC side something that saves those pictures.

[IMG=1024x828]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210407/21b95eb8709277edf2791378ba0ba095.jpg[/url]

You can access those settings by choosing “Photos” in your iCloud settings.

Also, you can always use the Google Photos or some other photo service if it better suits your personal needs
    Wow. Using ios is so much work! how do you guys do it? i have yet to encounter one thing that is easy to do. I tried using Google photos. The android version allows me to just upload whichever folders I want. No such luck on ios cause the operating system doesn't allow it. I have thousands of images on my phone thst I had to move from my computer and icloud is trying to save all of it. Google photos is trying to Dave all of it. There's no way for me to tell these services that only camera photos should.be saved. Is that at least something I can do when plugging it in to my pc?
    Yesterday 05:27 AM
    Wow. Using ios is so much work! how do you guys do it? i have yet to encounter one thing that is easy to do.
    Not really. iOS is pretty simple and straight forward especially when it comes to backups on iCloud or photo storage.

Never really heard of any user only wanting to back up one folder to iCloud. must be an android thing.
    Annie_M likes this.
    Yesterday 05:44 AM
    Wow. Using ios is so much work! how do you guys do it? i have yet to encounter one thing that is easy to do. I tried using Google photos. The android version allows me to just upload whichever folders I want. No such luck on ios cause the operating system doesn't allow it. I have thousands of images on my phone thst I had to move from my computer and icloud is trying to save all of it. Google photos is trying to Dave all of it. There's no way for me to tell these services that only camera photos should.be saved. Is that at least something I can do when plugging it in to my pc?
    I have been using iOS since iPhoneOS 2, in 2009; before copy, paste, notifications and background applications were even a thing on the platform.

It’s a different philosophy to Android. One that needs getting used to.

I don’t know how the iPhone will behave with a PC, because I never connected my iOS devices to those. The last time I connected my devices to my Mac was about 6 years ago, but that’s also a different platform from Windows and a lot has changed since then.

I know OneDrive supports the upload of the camera roll, as evidenced by their documentation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...8-98679fa1b72e
    I can’t say if it will do what you expect it to do.
    Annie_M likes this.
    Yesterday 07:12 AM