Hi newbie here and terribly illiterate phone wise lol. I need to get an iPhone 8 back to past backups like atleast 18 months ago. I do not have a Mac and the only things I can see when on icloud is pics, notes, downloads and not much else. I have attempted to plug the phone into my crappylaptop but can't see anything more. What else can I do and yes it was backed up over the years.
    03-12-2021 08:47 PM
    I am afraid that, unless you have made separate backups 18 months or so ago in iTunes on your PC, you won’t be able to restore the phone to a previous state.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-13-2021 03:41 AM
    It has been a while since I’ve restored from an iCloud backup (I prefer to setup as new), but I recall being asked to choose either my most recent iCloud backup or an earlier one. If that’s still how it is then the OP should be able to accomplish what he or she is seeking to do.
    03-13-2021 06:44 AM
    It has been a while since I’ve restored from an iCloud backup (I prefer to setup as new), but I recall being asked to choose either my most recent iCloud backup or an earlier one. If that’s still how it is then the OP should be able to accomplish what he or she is seeking to do.
    Nowadays at least, it’s only the most recent backup that’s kept on iCloud. If you have a backup for an older device, then you would be able to restore that unless you deleted it, of course.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-13-2021 07:25 AM
    Nowadays at least, it’s only the most recent backup that’s kept on iCloud. If you have a backup for an older device, then you would be able to restore that unless you deleted it, of course.
    Understood and thank you for the follow-up, sir…
    Ed7789 likes this.
    03-13-2021 08:27 AM