How to get phone to past backups

Alihemp

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi newbie here and terribly illiterate phone wise lol. I need to get an iPhone 8 back to past backups like atleast 18 months ago. I do not have a Mac and the only things I can see when on icloud is pics, notes, downloads and not much else. I have attempted to plug the phone into my crappylaptop but can't see anything more. What else can I do and yes it was backed up over the years.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I am afraid that, unless you have made separate backups 18 months or so ago in iTunes on your PC, you won’t be able to restore the phone to a previous state.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It has been a while since I’ve restored from an iCloud backup (I prefer to setup as new), but I recall being asked [FONT=&quot]to choose either my most recent iCloud backup or an earlier one. If that’s still how it is then the OP should be able to accomplish what he or she is seeking to do. [/FONT]

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It has been a while since I’ve restored from an iCloud backup (I prefer to setup as new), but I recall being asked to choose either my most recent iCloud backup or an earlier one. If that’s still how it is then the OP should be able to accomplish what he or she is seeking to do.
Nowadays at least, it’s only the most recent backup that’s kept on iCloud. If you have a backup for an older device, then you would be able to restore that unless you deleted it, of course.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nowadays at least, it’s only the most recent backup that’s kept on iCloud. If you have a backup for an older device, then you would be able to restore that unless you deleted it, of course.

Understood and thank you for the follow-up, sir…:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR