Hey. I've been a lifelong Android user, but I'm thinking of trying out an iPhone for a change. Before doing that though, I first would like to see if I can take all my data with me. What would be the easiest way to transfer call logs, text messages and WhatsApp messages from my current Android to iOS? Preferably something that doesn't involve jailbreaking, if that's possible. Also, would it be possible to transfer it all back, including iMessage messages, if I decide to go back to Android?
    02-23-2021 06:58 AM
    To move from Android to iOS, there is the “Move to iOS” app that will do most of what you’re asking.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/move-to-ios/#mn_p

I’m not aware of any apps that do the reverse.
    Annie_M likes this.
    02-23-2021 08:23 AM
    Hey. I've been a lifelong Android user, but I'm thinking of trying out an iPhone for a change. Before doing that though, I first would like to see if I can take all my data with me. What would be the easiest way to transfer call logs, text messages and WhatsApp messages from my current Android to iOS? Preferably something that doesn't involve jailbreaking, if that's possible. Also, would it be possible to transfer it all back, including iMessage messages, if I decide to go back to Android?

Your first question: Move to iOS.
    Your second question: Android now includes an option to restore from an iCloud backup.

As for WhatsApp I think your conversations are saved in the cloud so you just have to log into your account.
    02-23-2021 10:22 PM
    There is not any straightforward option to migrate data from Android to iPhone. You either need some common cloud service to make backup and move them manually to Apple. As per Whatsapp chats, it's nearly impossible unless you jailbreak the Apple.

Note: Don't fall for the software claiming to transfer the chat from Android to iOS. I have been the victim of some paid software to attempt the transfer
    02-25-2021 06:48 AM