Whatsapp Backup Recovery - from Google Drive whether I've already moved to iCloud

JackylMrHyde

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
Hello everybody experts,
I ask you my question: I had a smartphone running android and I moved to iPhone. Thus I needed to change my whatsapp backup location. Since I wanted to keep my old chats I decided to share them via email to myself. I eventually downloaded whatsapp on my new device and started to backup on iCloud. Unfortunately now I realised I did not share a chat I really fancy keeping. There's a way to recover that? When I move to iCloud from Google Drive does whatsapp erase my backup on google drive? Thank you so much

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JackylMrHyde;[URL="tel:3239958" said:
3239958[/URL]]Hello everybody experts,
I ask you my question: I had a smartphone running android and I moved to iPhone. Thus I needed to change my whatsapp backup location. Since I wanted to keep my old chats I decided to share them via email to myself. I eventually downloaded whatsapp on my new device and started to backup on iCloud. Unfortunately now I realised I did not share a chat I really fancy keeping. There's a way to recover that?
I doubt it, but the folks at WhatsApp would probably be able to provide a definitive answer for you.
When I move to iCloud from Google Drive does whatsapp erase my backup on google drive? Thank you so much
I assume you have an account with Google in order to be able to backup to Google Drive so unless you’ve deactivated your Google account or erased the chats within your Google Drive then they should still be there. Still, I don’t use WhatsApp so my answer may not be correct.

Last edited:

JackylMrHyde

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
Thank you Moderator, Hope somebody accustomed to use whatsapp could help further. Even if google has not erased my whatsapp data (but I would think it had, because I can no more see whatsapp among hidden apps linked to google drive) I fear that if I download again whatsapp on android device I won't be able to restore my icloud backups, when I'll be back on my iPhone...