Make my Messenger self-window smaller on iPad?

rmayer99

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
I just got an Ipad Pro 12.9 tablet. I'm surprised how in the Messenger app the window that shows my image is so big. It seems like I can only make it bigger, not smaller. Is there a way to make it smaller? It's not this large on Facetime, for example.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What “Messenger” self-window? FaceBook Messenger? Please be a bit more specific so someone can better assist you. Thanks.

rmayer99

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
I am referring to the app called Messenger, which runs on the iPhone and iPad, and is based on, I assume, the Facebook Messenger feature on Facebook. It is the video messaging app. The "self-window" I am talking about is the embedded window that shows what you are transmitting to the receiver. By default, it is a live video broadcast of yourself, although you can make the camera reverse and then it shows what you are pointing the iPad at.

My issue is that the embedded window is proportionately quite large, especially compared to say, the Facetime app, where the window is smaller. I noticed that if I double-click on it, it gets LARGER, which is the opposite of what I would like.

Does that make sense?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am referring to the app called Messenger, which runs on the iPhone and iPad, and is based on, I assume, the Facebook Messenger feature on Facebook. It is the video messaging app. The "self-window" I am talking about is the embedded window that shows what you are transmitting to the receiver. By default, it is a live video broadcast of yourself, although you can make the camera reverse and then it shows what you are pointing the iPad at.

My issue is that the embedded window is proportionately quite large, especially compared to say, the Facetime app, where the window is smaller. I noticed that if I double-click on it, it gets LARGER, which is the opposite of what I would like.

Does that make sense?

I have the Facebook Messenger app on my iPhone. But not sure what window you refer to. Are you talking about "Stories"?

rmayer99

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
When you first open Messenger, you see the word "Chats" at the top of the screen. Then you choose someone to video-chat with and the screen opens up to a chat window. At the top on the right are 2 icons, one for a "phone" call and one for a "video" call. If you choose "video" the session will start, with you calling the other party. Once they answer, you see 2 live video windows: the main one, with your party visible, and the smaller one, which shows you.

I am asking about whether that window that shows you, the smaller, embedded one, can be sized even smaller...it's too big now for my taste. As I said, on Facetime, you don't have this issue as that embedded window is smaller.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you first open Messenger, you see the word "Chats" at the top of the screen. Then you choose someone to video-chat with and the screen opens up to a chat window. At the top on the right are 2 icons, one for a "phone" call and one for a "video" call. If you choose "video" the session will start, with you calling the other party. Once they answer, you see 2 live video windows: the main one, with your party visible, and the smaller one, which shows you.

I am asking about whether that window that shows you, the smaller, embedded one, can be sized even smaller...it's too big now for my taste. As I said, on Facetime, you don't have this issue as that embedded window is smaller.

Gotcha. I haven't had a video call since the latest Facebook/Messenger update. You could report it to Facebook in the Report a Problem. If it's too big, maybe they will fix it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234