What is the Best Program to UnBrick and iPhone OR Recover Data from a Bricked iPhone

I

iMore Question

I currently have an older iPhone that is bricked and does not have any iCloud backups or iTunes backups generated. I've tried iMobie and that did not have any options that would help. All I am really trying to do is recover some photos and videos that were on that phone so they are not lost forever. Any help is appreciated!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!

In regards to your question, I believe this is a longshot- the only thing you can do is to contact Apple support. Keep in mind, you will have to have the proper credentials in order for Apple to help you.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I logged in, thanks! And I called Apple a while ago and they said that they can only unbrick it by restoring the phone to default which would wipe all of my data. I know there are commercial options and am willing to pay if it works, so I'm wondering if anyone has had success with these.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I logged in, thanks! And I called Apple a while ago and they said that they can only unbrick it by restoring the phone to default which would wipe all of my data. I know there are commercial options and am willing to pay if it works, so I'm wondering if anyone has had success with these.

Will the phone power on? Will it show any signs that it’s powered on? Which iPhone model is it?

Last edited:

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
@Just_Me_D It does power-up to a 'iPhone is disabled' screen, and I can get it into a few different modes like 'Connect to iTunes' and such and it's an iPhone 8 I believe.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@Just_Me_D It does power-up to a 'iPhone is disabled' screen, and I can get it into a few different modes like 'Connect to iTunes' and such and it's an iPhone 8 I believe.

Oh okay. Yeah, you’re going to have to either restore or try your luck with a service that claim to be able to retrieve the data. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711