Upgrading from iPhone 11 pro max to iPhone 12 pro max. I am currently running the iOS 14.2 beta with Watch OS 7.0.1. My first question is should stay off the betas for the watch (I’m thinking yes). Second question - if the new phones will be using iOS 14.1 will I need to start with a fresh install or would I still be able to somehow do a back up and restore after enrolling the new phone in the beta program?
    10-12-2020 05:06 PM
    Hi,

I would stay off the beta program unless you have a secondary device to use it with.

Regarding iOS, you can always migrate from an older iOS version to a newer one (e.g.: 14.0.1 to 14.1). The reverse does not work (e.g.: 14.2 to 14.1.9).

In your case, you will need to enrol your new phone into the beta program to get 14.2, keeping in mind that it might not be available for the new device at launch or it might be an incompatible version. The alternative is to go back to the currently shipping version and start fresh.

Regarding the phone migration impact on the watch, I would let someone else with more experience chime in. I have never tried it, and don’t want to lead you into the wrong.
    10-12-2020 09:57 PM
    Hi,

I would stay off the beta program unless you have a secondary device to use it with.

Regarding iOS, you can always migrate from an older iOS version to a newer one (e.g.: 14.0.1 to 14.1). The reverse does not work (e.g.: 14.2 to 14.1.9).

In your case, you will need to enrol your new phone into the beta program to get 14.2, keeping in mind that it might not be available for the new device at launch or it might be an incompatible version. The alternative is to go back to the currently shipping version and start fresh.

Regarding the phone migration impact on the watch, I would let someone else with more experience chime in. I have never tried it, and don’t want to lead you into the wrong.
    Agree 100%
    10-12-2020 10:12 PM
    Thanks for your input! I will stay off the watch betas and figure the rest out when the time comes.
    10-13-2020 12:46 PM