screen protector

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
any suggestions,
how to pik screen protectors, tempered glass, 3 packs??

I use Zagg glass screen protectors because the Olephobic coating seems to last much longer than most (about eight months). This has been my experience over many years of using screen protectors.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I also use Zagg (purchased from Best Buy), and because I'm completely inept in putting one on myself, I have them put them on at Best Buy. It's worth the extra money.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
As I posted in another similar thread, I abandoned DIY screen protector which I have been using for years. I'm not an OCD but little air in eadge or a speck bothered me. If anybody wants to DIY, one of the things you can try is install it over a bathtub while a hot shower is on and generating invisible steam environment. Although I once tried this bothersome trick, and remember it actually worked rather well.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
As I posted in another similar thread, I abandoned DIY screen protector which I have been using for years. I'm not an OCD but little air in eadge or a speck bothered me. If anybody wants to DIY, one of the things you can try is install it over a bathtub while a hot shower is on and generating invisible steam environment. Although I once tried this bothersome trick, and remember it actually worked rather well.

I would have thought that was rather a precarious setting for applying a screen protector!

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I would have thought that was rather a precarious setting for applying a screen protector!

Yes, it was precarious, but it actually worked well although I did it only once (I am an experimenter/tinkerer :). Those days (many years ago), I was rather crazy about putting on non-glare type film. But those cheapo ones easily created tiny bubble and such. Some of those films even came with a spray bottle to minimize bubbles and specks (spray it and it became easier to squeez them out). Neck of shower head down, and work in the other end of bath tub. So much on this, and those days......., lol

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Yes, it was precarious, but it actually worked well although I did it only once (I am an experimenter/tinkerer :). Those days (many years ago), I was rather crazy about putting on non-glare type film. But those cheapo ones easily created tiny bubble and such. Some of those films even came with a spray bottle to minimize bubbles and specks (spray it and it became easier to squeez them out). Neck of shower head down, and work in the other end of bath tub. So much on this, and those days......., lol

I am glad it worked :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use spigen glass. You get 2 for about $11 on Amazon and you can’t possibly screw up install because of the tray.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711