I have an often-used app on my iPad Air (iOS 12.4.8) which is no longer in the App Store – which means if I need to reset the iPad for any reason, there's no way to get the app back (since iTunes no longer includes apps in backups). I want to download the app (.ipa file) to my Mac so I have a backup to reinstall if I need it.

I got the iMazing utility, whose web page says "Keep old apps in case they disappear from the App Store. Hang on to a specific version." Only it turns out it doesn't do this, directly contradicting what the web page says. Though iMazing might work to reinstall the app if I can get a copy of it.

Does anybody know how I could get this app (.ipa file) from my iPad to my Mac?

If I jailbreak the iPad, would that make it possible to copy the app (.ipa file)? Never done this, know nothing about it; any suggestions how to learn? I don't want to brick my iPad.
    09-26-2020 06:56 PM
    Welcome to iMore! In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up! https://forums.imore.com/ask-questio...-up-imore.html

I empathize with your issue! Hopefully, someone will be able to help you.
    09-26-2020 07:02 PM