Hi everyone.
    At some point I’ll have to replace my device (pro max) cause I already damaged the glass back.
    My question is, do I need to do anything else other than restoring my iCloud backup?
    Do I have to mess with settings, individual app settings etc again after that? Or I will start right where I left off?

Thanks in advance,
    CJ
    08-30-2020 05:36 PM
    If it were me, I’d do both an iCloud backup and iTunes/Finder backup, just in case. You may or may not need to restore the device after the screen has been replaced.
    Mars20 likes this.
    08-30-2020 05:48 PM
    If it were me, I’d do both an iCloud backup and iTunes/Finder backup, just in case. You may or may not need to restore the device after the screen has been replaced.
    That’s what I’m planning to do to be sure. I think I’ll get a new device since the back is broken, that’s why I want to know if there is a right (or wrong) procedure to follow with the backup.
    Anyway, all I really want to know is if all my data settings/app settings/individual settings etc will be restored with the backup!
    08-30-2020 07:38 PM
    That’s what I’m planning to do to be sure. I think I’ll get a new device since the back is broken, that’s why I want to know if there is a right (or wrong) procedure to follow with the backup.
    Anyway, all I really want to know is if all my data settings/app settings/individual settings etc will be restored with the backup!
    Backing up to iCloud is very straight forward and will back up virtually everything, unless it is already in the iCloud (like, for instance, Messages if switched on). With an iTunes backup, you would need to enable encryption to save health data.
    Neither methods save your Wallet details.
    justCJ likes this.
    08-31-2020 10:52 AM
    Backing up to iCloud is very straight forward and will back up virtually everything, unless it is already in the iCloud (like, for instance, Messages if switched on). With an iTunes backup, you would need to enable encryption to save health data.
    Neither methods save your Wallet details.
    Thanks, that’s what i want to know. Health data, wallet cards and purchase history, app settings, device settings ( individual background app refresh settings for example etc etc).

Long story short, i tweak almost all phone and app settings once i get it. I just want to know if I have to go through all that hustle again.
    08-31-2020 12:46 PM
    Thanks, that’s what i want to know. Health data, wallet cards and purchase history, app settings, device settings ( individual background app refresh settings for example etc etc).

Long story short, i tweak almost all phone and app settings once i get it. I just want to know if I have to go through all that hustle again.
    All your adjustments should be saved.
    justCJ likes this.
    08-31-2020 01:18 PM
    Turn on your new iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions. · On the "App & Data" screen, tap on "Restore from iCloud Backup".
    Hello and welcome to iMore! When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!
    justCJ likes this.
    09-03-2020 08:14 AM