When typing a message if I and clicking around in the message to make corrections sometime my entire message disappears? Please tell me I Am somehow moving it somewhere else or could double tapping mean delete? This has happened in Samsung and Apple phones so? Help because I know nothing and have never used a phone to it’s full potential sadly.
    08-23-2020 04:57 PM
    If you’re clicking around, as you’ve stated, and end up highlighting the entire message and then type something, the highlighted text will be replaced by what you type afterwards.
    Annie_M and Tartarus like this.
    08-23-2020 05:22 PM
    When typing a message if I and clicking around in the message to make corrections sometime my entire message disappears? Please tell me I Am somehow moving it somewhere else or could double tapping mean delete? This has happened in Samsung and Apple phones so? Help because I know nothing and have never used a phone to it’s full potential sadly.
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I understand the frustration of having a message deleted before sending, especially if it's a lengthy one! When I have a particularly long text to send, I will type it up in the notes app, and then copy and paste into the text window.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-24-2020 08:42 AM
    Or, during corrections, you might be pressing the return key to finish the corrected part, or line break. You have to be careful as it will send the entire message out and clear everything. I am sure in that case, you will see the "sent" message. For proper line break, you have to press return key while pressing "control" key. I am not sure if my post is relevant to your case but just in case, as you said you are not too familiar with iPhone (yet :-). I agree with the suggestion by Annie_M to prepare your text separately. Not just iMessage, some of the other texting apps are way too finicky. Clumsy me do so all the time :-)
    08-24-2020 01:48 PM
    Or, during corrections, you might be pressing the return key to finish the corrected part, or line break. You have to be careful as it will send the entire message out and clear everything. I am sure in that case, you will see the "sent" message. For proper line break, you have to press return key while pressing "control" key. I am not sure if my post is relevant to your case but just in case, as you said you are not too familiar with iPhone (yet :-). I agree with the suggestion by Annie_M to prepare your text separately. Not just iMessage, some of the other texting apps are way too finicky. Clumsy me do so all the time :-)
    iPhones don’t have a Control key.
    08-24-2020 03:24 PM
    iPhones don’t have a Control key.
    Hahaha, sorry about that and for OP.
    I was busy typing texts to my daughter and completely forgot I was on my desktop and iPhone forum. My bad :-(
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-24-2020 03:40 PM