How Do I Save JPG Images, not HEIC Images - IOS 13.6?

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Is there a simple, intuitive way to change a setting in IOS 13.6 on my new iPhoneSE (2020) so that images are saved as JPG files (not HEIC)? It is a PITA to use the iMazing HEIC converter to convert them. I am concerned that the converted image is lower resolution that a JPG saved on an iPhone5. I was told this phone has a spectacular camera. The fuzzy pictures I've seen thus far do not impress me at all.

thanks
baumgrenze

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Is there a simple, intuitive way to change a setting in IOS 13.6 on my new iPhoneSE (2020) so that images are saved as JPG files (not HEIC)? It is a PITA to use the iMazing HEIC converter to convert them. I am concerned that the converted image is lower resolution that a JPG saved on an iPhone5. I was told this phone has a spectacular camera. The fuzzy pictures I've seen thus far do not impress me at all.

thanks
baumgrenze

Just change the extension. It’s what I do. I have to convert due to my works servers not liking HEIC

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
You can change the default storage format to JPEG and H.264 by going to the Settings app, then to “Camera”, the “Formats” setting and choose the “Most Compatible” selection.

Note that the space requirements for photos and videos will increase, and quality might decrease slightly, since those are older formats and are simply not as efficient.

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I made the adjustment. Otherwise I found I needed to use a converter to work with the images.
I've been downloading images to a Windows PC. When I opened the DCIM folder via Windows Explorer I first found each photo stored a *.jpg, a *.heic, and a *.mov. The last managed to fill my "free Cloud storage" very quickly so that Apple could claim I needed to pay for storage to back up the phone. I overcame that in Settings for the camera. Now I still need to work out how to associate the real date the photo was taken with the jpg image file that downloads. I don't want to spend the little of my life that is left to me understanding how to make my iPhone at least as intuitive as my old iPhone5. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Let's call this 'solved.'
baumgrenze

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I made the adjustment. Otherwise I found I needed to use a converter to work with the images.
I've been downloading images to a Windows PC. When I opened the DCIM folder via Windows Explorer I first found each photo stored a *.jpg, a *.heic, and a *.mov. The last managed to fill my "free Cloud storage" very quickly so that Apple could claim I needed to pay for storage to back up the phone. I overcame that in Settings for the camera. Now I still need to work out how to associate the real date the photo was taken with the jpg image file that downloads. I don't want to spend the little of my life that is left to me understanding how to make my iPhone at least as intuitive as my old iPhone5. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Let's call this 'solved.'
baumgrenze

I'm so glad you figured out a solution! That's for updating us!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner