Long story short, certain of my apps won't work on iOS14 beta. Therefore, I am downloading the Restore Images of iOS 13.6 beta 2, where everything was working properly.

I would like to upgrade to macOS Big Sur beta on my Mac. If I do so, will I be prevented from using my Mac to restore my iPhone to an earlier beta/earlier OS in the future?

Kind of an odd question, so please let me know if you would like me to clarify/extrapolate!

Thanks!
    06-23-2020 03:34 PM
    I don’t see why it would. I mean, devices are managed via Finder now so as long as it detects your iPhone, you should be able to restore to an earlier iOS version. I have not installed the newest macOS beta on my MBP yet. I started the download yesterday, but the download time was too long so I’ll do it this weekend.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-23-2020 08:25 PM
    I don’t see why it would. I mean, devices are managed via Finder now so as long as it detects your iPhone, you should be able to restore to an earlier iOS version. I have not installed the newest macOS beta on my MBP yet. I started the download yesterday, but the download time was too long so I’ll do it this weekend.
    I can always count on you for a clear answer - thanks, Just_Me_D!
    06-25-2020 07:59 PM
    I can always count on you for a clear answer - thanks, Just_Me_D!
    You’re very welcome...
    06-25-2020 08:24 PM
    I would like to upgrade to macOS Big Sur beta on my Mac. If I do so, will I be prevented from using my Mac to restore my iPhone to an earlier beta/earlier OS in the future?
    Well unfortunately that's an unknown since everything is still in developer mode and has not even hit public beta yet.

Won't Time Machine allow a restore to a previous version? If so then I say give it a try.
    06-26-2020 07:15 AM