Will Updating to macOS Big Sur Prevent me from Restoring my iPhone to an earlier iOS version?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Long story short, certain of my apps won't work on iOS14 beta. Therefore, I am downloading the Restore Images of iOS 13.6 beta 2, where everything was working properly.

I would like to upgrade to macOS Big Sur beta on my Mac. If I do so, will I be prevented from using my Mac to restore my iPhone to an earlier beta/earlier OS in the future?

Kind of an odd question, so please let me know if you would like me to clarify/extrapolate!

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t see why it would. I mean, devices are managed via Finder now so as long as it detects your iPhone, you should be able to restore to an earlier iOS version. I have not installed the newest macOS beta on my MBP yet. I started the download yesterday, but the download time was too long so I’ll do it this weekend.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t see why it would. I mean, devices are managed via Finder now so as long as it detects your iPhone, you should be able to restore to an earlier iOS version. I have not installed the newest macOS beta on my MBP yet. I started the download yesterday, but the download time was too long so I’ll do it this weekend.

I can always count on you for a clear answer - thanks, Just_Me_D!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I would like to upgrade to macOS Big Sur beta on my Mac. If I do so, will I be prevented from using my Mac to restore my iPhone to an earlier beta/earlier OS in the future?

Well unfortunately that's an unknown since everything is still in developer mode and has not even hit public beta yet.

Won't Time Machine allow a restore to a previous version? If so then I say give it a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro