Hello,

I want to ask about text forwading feature on iphone

So I have 2 phone number, iphone 5 and iphone 7

my iphone 5's text was set text forwading to iphone 7, so all text sms received at iphone 5 can also be received at iphone 5.

but I got confused when there's text incoming, because I can't identify the sms was originally from iphone 5 or iphone 7

Is there anyway to identify this ?

pls help

thx in adv
    06-18-2020 11:58 AM
    Hello,

my iphone 5's text was set text forwading to iphone 7, so all text sms received at iphone 5 can also be received at iphone 5.

but I got confused when there's text incoming, because I can't identify the sms was originally from iphone 5 or iphone 7

pls help

thx in adv
    I don’t know. I’m poor and have only one iPhone.
    Hopefully someone else will come along to help you out.
    Hendri Hendri likes this.
    06-18-2020 02:13 PM
    Hello,

pls help

thx in adv
    Not that I’m aware. I mean which iPhone is your primary device and which phone number you give the most? The one for the iPhone 5 or the one for the iPhone 7?
    Hendri Hendri likes this.
    06-18-2020 05:03 PM
    I don’t know. I’m poor and have only one iPhone.
    Hopefully someone else will come along to help you out.
    Well .. they’re iphone 5 with “rainbow alike screen” and iphone 7 with “kinda drained battery life”. So, that should tell I’m not rich either
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-18-2020 05:45 PM
    Not that I’m aware. I mean which iPhone is your primary device and which phone number you give the most? The one for the iPhone 5 or the one for the iPhone 7?
    Iphone 7 is my daily use phone, because the number is my work number
    Iphone 5 is my private number, which I rarely use, mainly for my bank otp usage only. That’s why I fwd my text to iphone 7, so that I don’t have to carry around 2 phone

But sometime, i received some unknown number (friends or spam), which I’m not able to identify the sms for the “from/for which number”

Yes, i can find it out by asking if the text was from my friends manually, but it just kinda annoyed me when i scroll through my messages and can’t clearly identify the “from/for”
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-18-2020 05:53 PM
    Iphone 7 is my daily use phone, because the number is my work number
    Iphone 5 is my private number, which I rarely use, mainly for my bank otp usage only. That’s why I fwd my text to iphone 7, so that I don’t have to carry around 2 phone

But sometime, i received some unknown number (friends or spam), which I’m not able to identify the sms for the “from/for which number”

Yes, i can find it out by asking if the text was from my friends manually, but it just kinda annoyed me when i scroll through my messages and can’t clearly identify the “from/for”
    I understand.
    06-18-2020 06:12 PM
    It’s actually pretty simple. Follow me here.

You set your iPhone 5 to forward messages to your iPhone 7.

Thus, every message that shows up on your 5 also shows up on your 7.

The reverse is not the case though. If someone directly messages your 7 then it is only on your 7.

There you have it. Messages on both your 5 and 7 started by a message to your 5. Messages only on your 7 were directly messaged to your 7.
    Annie_M and Hendri Hendri like this.
    06-18-2020 09:37 PM
    It’s actually pretty simple. Follow me here.

You set your iPhone 5 to forward messages to your iPhone 7.

Thus, every message that shows up on your 5 also shows up on your 7.

The reverse is not the case though. If someone directly messages your 7 then it is only on your 7.

There you have it. Messages on both your 5 and 7 started by a message to your 5. Messages only on your 7 were directly messaged to your 7.
    hi

I aware of that, but I need to recheck one by one for both phones
    What I meant was how to identify these text from my ip7, because I use this phone daily and rarely for ip5
    06-18-2020 11:05 PM
    Are you logged into your iCloud account on both devices? If you are, then you should have all your contacts on both devices. And I'd think that (although I don't have 2 iPhones) iMessage sync would work here.

Now, if you are definitely wanting to keep both devices separate, one for work and one for personal, then you need to carry both devices. Personally, if this were me, I'd carry both devices and keep work and personal separate.
    06-19-2020 10:56 AM