Finding a phone car mount

11Pro Stu

May 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi iMore,

I've had the hardest time finding a suitable phone holder/mount for my car.

The gripes that I've had include: not wanting a magnetic mount, because I don't want a silly magnetic circle in between my iPhone and my clear case to connect to the holder; and not being able to use many vent holders, because my car vents move up and down, and the weight of the phone tilts the vent downward making the phone unusable in the mount.

Does anybody have the same issues? Can anybody suggest any good holders? Do the dashboard ones cause your phone to get hot in the sunlight?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi iMore,

I've had the hardest time finding a suitable phone holder/mount for my car.

The gripes that I've had include: not wanting a magnetic mount, because I don't want a silly magnetic circle in between my iPhone and my clear case to connect to the holder; and not being able to use many vent holders, because my car vents move up and down, and the weight of the phone tilts the vent downward making the phone unusable in the mount.

Does anybody have the same issues? Can anybody suggest any good holders? Do the dashboard ones cause your phone to get hot in the sunlight?

The iOttie mounts may be something you might like.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I got a few cheap ones from China and modified them to one good car mount that me and my dad are both happy with.
I don’t believe in paying more than a few bucks on accessories.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods