How can I get the book covers to display in iBooks on my iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazzababe81

May 29, 2020
Visit site
I have recently purchased a new MacBook and when I have synced new (downloaded) ebooks, the cover is not showing up on my iPhone, but it is showing up on Ibooks on the MacBook - How do I get the nice design cover to show up on my iPhone?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have recently purchased a new MacBook and when I have synced new (downloaded) ebooks, the cover is not showing up on my iPhone, but it is showing up on Ibooks on the MacBook - How do I get the nice design cover to show up on my iPhone?

Hi there, @chazzababe81. Welcome to iMore.

Were these books purchased via iBooks (iTunes)? I'm not 100% positive, but it may be set up this way to save space on your iPhone. Or it may be set up this way for no reason.

When you get a moment, stroll on over to the new members section and introduce yourself to the community:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/
Hope this helped.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Hello and welcome to iMore. I just checked on both my iPad and iPhone, and I can see book covers. I opened iBooks, and tapped on the library tab. It took a bit for them to load, but they did. I'm trying to find out what to do if they wont load, and when I find something, I'll post it here.

Edited to add: This seems to have been a common problem in the past. Did you purchase these books from Apple, or from another eBook source?

chazzababe81

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for your response! I have downloaded them (not through Apple) and they’ve always been able to show covers in the past but have just got a new MacBook so I used to have to sync through iTunes but now with the new MacBook it syncs through iCloud I think but now the new books I’ve downloaded all have no cover.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response! I have downloaded them (not through Apple) and they’ve always been able to show covers in the past but have just got a new MacBook so I used to have to sync through iTunes but now with the new MacBook it syncs through iCloud I think but now the new books I’ve downloaded all have no cover.

With the exception of purchases, videos and music playing, you now manage your device via Finder in macOS.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have just looked at Books for the first time in ages, all the covers show.
But I noticed another problem, somehow or other this app has added lots of author’s series stuff to my library, and I have no idea whether I have read any of them at all ! I have just opened one, it’s awful and I don’t remember it at all, but the app says I finished it ,I’m sure I didn’t ! Apple must have found a creative way to upgrade their authors figures !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234