Hi, I need some advice please.

I bought an iPhone 11 recently to gift to my brother for his birthday, the iPhone was stolen from my room at university.

Is there anyway I can get the iPhone blocked so it can’t be used? (Although it’s still fully boxed and hasn’t been set up yet)

Thanks
    05-23-2020 11:20 AM
    I am afraid I very much doubt it unless you made a note of the Serial number on the Box or that that number is recorded on the receipt.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-23-2020 11:25 AM
    Hi, I need some advice please.

I bought an iPhone 11 recently to gift to my brother for his birthday, the iPhone was stolen from my room at university.

Is there anyway I can get the iPhone blocked so it can’t be used? (Although it’s still fully boxed and hasn’t been set up yet)

Thanks
    Did you buy it from your wireless carrier? If so, they may have the device info on file.
    05-23-2020 12:10 PM
    Welcome to iMore! In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
    https://forums.imore.com/ask-questio...-up-imore.html

I’m sorry this happened to you. In addition to consulting the place you purchased the iPhone from, you might want to contact your University’s police about this. Your dorm may have security cameras in the hallways.
    05-23-2020 12:48 PM
    Did you buy it from your wireless carrier? If so, they may have the device info on file.

Hi, I bought the iPhone from Apple store, can they use the serial number on the receipt to block the phone ?

Thanks
    05-24-2020 04:23 AM
    I would contact Apple Support and ask if they can block the phone. Incidentally, did you by any chance take out insurance to cover theft of your property whilst at university?
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-24-2020 05:17 AM
    Hi, I bought the iPhone from Apple store, can they use the serial number on the receipt to block the phone ?

Thanks
    I would think so. However, since the majority of Apple Stores are still closed due to Covid-19, your best bet might be going through Apple Support (unless your nearest store has already reopened).
    05-24-2020 09:40 AM