Two Apple ID's to one

Brett59

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
I have two Apple ID's, one for work, one for home. I want to move everything to the home ID, and I realize I will lose the apps, etc. that are on the work ID. Is there a guide out there to make sure I move my data across?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On whatever device you’re signed into via your work Apple ID, select to save the files on that device and then make a backup up your files to a thumb drive or something. Afterwards, login with your personal Apple ID. the data already associated with it will sync to that device and you will still be in possession of the files from your work Apple ID on the same device.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have two Apple ID's, one for work, one for home. I want to move everything to the home ID, and I realize I will lose the apps, etc. that are on the work ID. Is there a guide out there to make sure I move my data across?

I’m not sure it’s possible to Erie two Apple IDs into one. I did find this article here on iMore that explains how to switch Apple ID’s. I realize that this isn’t what you’re looking for and I will keep looking around for a solution. One thing to consider is contacting Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
On whatever device you’re signed into via your work Apple ID, select to save the files on that device and then make a backup up your files to a thumb drive or something. Afterwards, login with your personal Apple ID. the data already associated with it will sync to that device and you will still be in possession of the files from your work Apple ID on the same device.

This is probably the best way as you can't actually merge two Apple ID's.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I never tried this out but I would look into family sharing if I had this problem. It seems to allow other Apple IDs to access everything that the original owner shares.
The thumb drive backup/restore method might be the more convenient one. However, with family sharing you can also share apps, itunes music etc. Caveat: the 1st ID will have to stay alive forever. Or at least until everything that was shared from ID1 got physically moved under ID2.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I never tried this out but I would look into family sharing if I had this problem. It seems to allow other Apple IDs to access everything that the original owner shares.
The thumb drive backup/restore method might be the more convenient one. However, with family sharing you can also share apps, itunes music etc. Caveat: the 1st ID will have to stay alive forever. Or at least until everything that was shared from ID1 got physically moved under ID2.

This, seems to me to be a great solution!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR