I am working to make family life a bigger priority and am hoping someone can help me with this.

Is there an automated way I can turn off email notifications in the evening at a certain time and turn them back on in the morning?

I do not want to stop texts or phone calls, and I would like emails to continue flowing, but I would like the device to automatically turn off the notifications.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.
    05-13-2020 02:49 PM
    Unless whatever mail app you’re using supports that function, I’m unaware of a way to do what you’re asking.
    TxGoatHead likes this.
    05-13-2020 07:00 PM
    Why can’t you just ignore them? If you use a unique notification sound for emails you know it should be something to ignore as opposed to a text sound.
    TxGoatHead likes this.
    05-13-2020 07:13 PM
    I don’t think there’s a way to silence notifications for one service and not for others.

My suggestion, which is what I do, is to disable notifications for email. There’s no time limit on this, just turn off notifications for email. You’ll have to manually check your email to see new emails. It’s a pain, but that’s what I do for work emails only.
    Just_Me_D and TxGoatHead like this.
    05-14-2020 06:38 AM
    As Just_Me_D alluded to, you can use an email app that supports it.

I personally use the Outlook app that has its own do not disturb feature for my work email, and I have nothing to complain about.
    05-14-2020 06:40 AM
    Spark email states it has a snooze feature. Never used it but might be worth looking at:

https://sparkmailapp.com/
    05-14-2020 06:53 AM
    Spark email states it has a snooze feature. Never used it but might be worth looking at:

https://sparkmailapp.com/
    Snooze is like GMail snooze where it make an email go away until a later time that you want to deal with it. It's not a "snooze the notifications" type thing.
    TxGoatHead likes this.
    05-14-2020 01:51 PM
    Thank you for your answer. I am using the standard iPhone Mail app. I tried to set it up using Shortcuts, as well as IFTTT, but neither can do what I was hoping for.
    05-14-2020 03:57 PM
    Thank you, ignoring them is what I normally do, but the notification tends to irritate my SO.
    Especially when we are doing something as a family.
    05-14-2020 03:58 PM
    Thank you, this is what I have been doing for the last week. In order to facilitate it, I have set a reminder in the evening to turn off the notifications and one in the morning to turn them back on. I was just hoping to find a way to automate the process.
    05-14-2020 04:00 PM
    I may have to look into using outlook for my work email...This may solve the issue better than anything else.
    05-14-2020 04:01 PM
    I may have to look into using outlook for my work email...This may solve the issue better than anything else.
    Please use the quote option when replying so readers can know to whom you’re replying. Thanks.
    05-14-2020 05:43 PM